What do these have in common....?

sparks

I am a new member here and all I seem to read is, don't believe a word that anyone says.

I am different to that. I read news and reports with an open mind!

On the football story; England have moved up probably because many other big teams played and faired a lot worse than us.

If blind match officials had seen Lampards clear goal making the score at that point 2 - 2 even that final result may well have been different.

(listen to any pro footballer on TV and they all have the maxim; goals change games)

I actually didnt see one team play beautiful football. The game is not like that anymore.

England are probably one of the good teams when it comes to constantly trying to con the referee. (you know what I mean)

The unemployment report; Why would it be falsified? It is hardly a glowing report but it does give rise to some optimism and that is what business and industry thrives on

Or is it just that people on here like to see bad and lies in everything.

I am a new member here and all I seem to read is, don't believe a word that anyone says.

The unemployment report; Why would it be falsified? It is hardly a glowing report but it does give rise to some optimism and that is what business and industry thrives on

Unfortunately you have to 'read between the lines', and seek more information...

Unemployment has now reached 7.9% (2.47 million) according to latest figures released this morning by the Office for National Statistics, and record numbers of Britons are now classed as economically inactive.

Although the number of people claiming jobseekers allowance fell to its lowest level since March 2009, the number of people who have been out of work for more than a year increased by 85,000 to 772,000. Of these, 11,000 come from the 16-24 age group, bringing the total in this group to 926,000.

The worst rise though came from those described as economically inactive - people of working age out of work and not seeking employment. These rose by 29,000 in the last quarter to a record high of 8.19 million. This now equates to 21.5% of the working age population. Higher than at any time since 1971

So the 'official' figures go down, because many are unable to claim unemployment benefits - for the uninitiated, the figures are fiddled!

On the football story; England have moved up probably because many other big teams played and faired a lot worse than us.

Bingo!...in both cases, the impression is given that we are doing 'ok', when in reality we are only doing 'ok' because others are doing worse - doesn't mean we are actually in a good state, either football wise or economically!

Of course you can believe what you like, but don't confuse lies for optimism, because in these cases pessimism is actually realism.... :Winky:

Ok mate, I shall avoid replying to your topics in future. You will have your views and I will have mine.

If you are going to pick and chose quotes of mine and mix n match them to read something else you wont get chance again.

I will say one thing about this forum. It has not been a very nice introduction for me so far

I have had posts removed without a word of why and to get into a verbal battle each time I post my opinion is not my kind of forum.

Ok mate, I shall avoid replying to your topics in future. You will have your views and I will have mine.

If you are going to pick and chose quotes of mine and mix n match them to read something else you wont get chance again.

I will say one thing about this forum. It has not been a very nice introduction for me so far

I have had posts removed without a word of why and to get into a verbal battle each time I post my opinion is not my kind of forum.

'verbal battle'? - I thought it was an exchange of views...I posted a topic, and you replied. I happen to disagree with some of what you have said, and have merely pointed out where. Do you expect no response? If you find that a problem, then maybe forums in general aren't for you.

So what posts have you had removed? If you think it unfair, then contact the boss. Virtually nothing gets removed unless it's extremely offensive, so it's worth having a word.

Ronnie as for your posts being removed make sure your doing as the forum rules say, if your still unsure then PM the mods of that forum and if still no joy PM Jamer, there will be a reason for posts being removed, maybe you just posted in wrong forum, i've been here since year dot and i still screw up some times.

One thing i will say is Sparks is right I'm out of work but never shown up on any unemployment figures for years, that's because I'm sick, so it is fiddling the figures to some degree, all parties have done it as far as i'm aware.

As for not posting in response to sparks it's not the way to go engage with him and when he's wrong he will admit, he used to hate Mrs Thatcher bow he's signed up to her facebook page (we love Maggie one).

All1

he used to hate Mrs Thatcher bow he's signed up to her facebook page (we love Maggie one).

All1

Nice try All1..

just for that I'll arrange transport for you myself to trafalgar square on that glorious saturday.... :Laugh: