Cataloging your DVD collection

Alloneword

A m8 (yea i have one) has 3 kids and a fairly large DVD collection, as it stands right now he just has a word document with the title in a long line which isn't a great idea when kids wanna pick a movie or something so talking to him the other day he asked about software that would do some of this work for him in a nice UI (in an ideal world with some form of cover art) I know there is a fair few out there but wondering if anyone has any suggestions, he does not want to spend a fortune on it maybe £30 and once he's bought it he does not want to be paying for some kind of subscription of any kind so just a one of payment, your thoughts?

All1

A m8 (yea i have one) has 3 kids and a fairly large DVD collection, as it stands right now he just has a word document with the title in a long line which isn't a great idea when kids wanna pick a movie or something so talking to him the other day he asked about software that would do some of this work for him in a nice UI (in an ideal world with some form of cover art) I know there is a fair few out there but wondering if anyone has any suggestions, he does not want to spend a fortune on it maybe £30 and once he's bought it he does not want to be paying for some kind of subscription of any kind so just a one of payment, your thoughts?

All1

You have me trying to think now what the hell I used to use at one stage. It was a fab piece of software where you entered the bar code or movie code which is shown on the box and it found it for you which is fab as there are many different versions of the same film if you just put the film name in. I will rack my brain for you.

D

You have me trying to think now what the hell I used to use at one stage. It was a fab piece of software where you entered the bar code or movie code which is shown on the box and it found it for you which is fab as there are many different versions of the same film if you just put the film name in. I will rack my brain for you.

D

Sounds like you mean Collectorz.com Movie Collector but there is also Moviecollectorplus, AllMyMovies as well as DVDProfiler he likes the look of Collectorz.com Movie Collector but having a quick look at it means he will have to pay out every year and he wants to try and avoid doing that if poss.

All1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying quite a few over the years and always turns back to Excel TBO........

It's a load of typing to get the DVD's into one of them nice programs, I start up, register the first 50-75 DVD's and then quit when I start to think of how long it's gonna take to get them all in :Surprise:

But then again, I don't need the fancy pictures or stuff like that, I just need to remember which DVD's I have and who borrowed them :Smiler: