Banks that don't belong to Barclays group

Alloneword

I'm about to go to war with Barclays and need to moved my back account to another supplier i do need high street access but i cannot have the new back having anything to do with the barclays groups, i presume Lloyds/TSB have sod all to do to with them but what about other suppliers of normal current accounts do i have?

All1

Maybe I should have explained myself better m8,

I owe barclaycard some cash plus i have an account with barclays and barclaycard have said they are going to offset some of my debt to barclaycard by taking funds from the barclays account now one i don't even know if that's legal, and 2 i want another account with another provider so they can't just dip into my money when it suits them.

All1

Oh and as for St Pauls no fooker there by all accounts, there at home in bed :Hmm:

But that's my point ALL1...

It doesn't matter who you bank with, because your banking history follows you wherever you go as they are all intrinsically linked!

It's a cartel, and they play out the 'competition' game for fun!

Oh, and as to the tent occupancy issue - don't believe the authority crap, as it's part of that same game... :Winky:

But that's my point ALL1...

It doesn't matter who you bank with, because your banking history follows you wherever you go as they are all intrinsically linked

That's ok i understand that but would Lloyds/TSB have the right to withdraw funds to pay over to barclaycard?

If the answer is yes then how about moving to something very simple like the old fashioned Post Office saving account (the one's that used to come with a blue book, not that one that people on benefits get nowadays) or maybe an offshore account like an Irish bank or something, or does the mattress look the best bet :Winky:

Oh, and as to the tent occupancy issue - don't believe the authority crap, as it's part of that same game...
I must admit i did find it convient time for the info to come out, i'd like to see the raw video footage from India99's downlink, that might be a question for Bod if he's still in radio comms, i know a few years ago there downlink was 2.4Ghz i think and some radio handhelds had come out with little LCD monitors so you could just link into the frequency and grab the feed and watch on the inbuilt screen or feed it to another screen, might look into that a bit more now i come to think of it.

All1

No they wouldn't have the right to pay off one debt from another different banks account, but they will check on your financial history and possibly refuse a new account based on that debt...

But it's always wise to have an alias.... :Winky:

Edit: Barclays and Barclaycard are nominally independant, but there is a procedure known as ‘right of offset’ which they try and fool you with. However, if you dispute the debt they are not allowed to do a transfer whilst that dispute is in progress...

Apparently you can withdraw your account money via a cashpoint as it is unaffected by online 'blocking', so it might be wise to get a hold of as much as you can (daily limit withstanding) as soon as you can.

DJ will probably know more legally about this though...

No they wouldn't have the right to pay off one debt from another seperate account, but they will check on your financial history and possibly refuse a new account based on that debt...

But it's always wise to have an alias.... :Winky:

I was going to open a new account before the sh1t hit the fan but i hate having all my eggs in one basket, as for an alias my REAL name is Sharon :kissy: , yea it's a grey area having a bank account in another name, I know it's not a crime to have one it's what you "plan" to do with it that could turn it into a crime but unsure if i would have to go down route of fake ID or not, I've not done anything on those lines for some time and i'm well out of the loop I wonder how easy it would be to set up an account for a kid, if it's just a birth cert then that no issues, might have to look at that route, i don't have tons of cash (far from it) but the last thing i need is some sh1t trying to get there hands on just for corp greed.

I was going to open a new account before the sh1t hit the fan but i hate having all my eggs in one basket, as for an alias my REAL name is Sharon :kissy: , yea it's a grey area having a bank account in another name, I know it's not a crime to have one it's what you "plan" to do with it that could turn it into a crime but unsure if i would have to go down route of fake ID or not, I've not done anything on those lines for some time and i'm well out of the loop I wonder how easy it would be to set up an account for a kid, if it's just a birth cert then that no issues, might have to look at that route, i don't have tons of cash (far from it) but the last thing i need is some sh1t trying to get there hands on just for corp greed.

A change of name by Deed Poll is your friend, it's perfectly legal, and it DOESN'T have to be recorded anywhere or notified to anyone, well, ish :Hmm:

You just forget to use your new name for anything other than the bank account :Winky:

A change of name by Deed Poll is your friend, it's perfectly legal, and it DOESN'T have to be recorded anywhere or notified to anyone, well, ish :Hmm:

You just forget to use your new name for anything other than the bank account :Winky:

OK so i change via deed poll to say Mr Tony Blair and then try to open bank account they will want ID would i just show my driving licence etc after it has been changed to new name and other id as well maybe electric bill etc, then once account is open i could always change my name back to birth name then all i would have in t blair's name would be bank account, you see i would like to in the long revert everything back to birth name of course except bank account.

Bottom line is i want a way of keeping my money hidden from the banks so they can't nick it at will.. I think deed poll might be a good idea i know there was something about it on bbc news about a week ago so i'll check out bbc news site before i do anything else.

All1

i'd like to see the raw video footage from India99's downlink, that might be a question for Bod if he's still in radio comms, i know a few years ago there downlink was 2.4Ghz i think and some radio handhelds had come out with little LCD monitors so you could just link into the frequency and grab the feed and watch on the inbuilt screen or feed it to another screen, might look into that a bit more now i come to think of it.

All1

Looks like i may have got it wrong, it would seem it was handheld unit on ground level, I know what your going to say sparks it could have been played with and your right it could have been or maybe this was one very bad night and they use that, but i do know Mark Little was up there the other night and he did say it was very quiet, make of it what you will m8.

Well having done some more reading on C.A.B. and your link DJ seems it's a doddle to do but given i want back account and of course they want solid proof, so having just sent back my licence i kept a copy and they are happy with a "statutory decloration" so that would seem simple enough, this could be fun :Cool:

Looks like i may have got it wrong, it would seem it was handheld unit on ground level, I know what your going to say sparks it could have been played with and your right it could have been or maybe this was one very bad night and they use that, but i do know Mark Little was up there the other night and he did say it was very quiet, make of it what you will m8.

Things may not always be what they first seem... one paper has amended it's reports so far.