Anybody no anything about freezers?

Jedi.Warrior

I have a Beko upright frost free freezer model no TZDA627FW

every so often the bloody thing defrosts completely without warning, red light comes on and temp goes up to plus 2 degrees, food starts to go soft then wham! it freezes again!

if its the auto defrost should it be doing this ever week or so, also noticed that when the wife hammers the Dryer (non condensing) the thing starts to defrost again!, could this be a contributing factor?

Shop it came from have looked at it and cant find nothing wrong, they tested it and said it froze down normally for them and maintained temp for 24 hours

as I type the thing has just defrosted again, took 3 hours to reach plus 2 from minus 19! and is now starting to freeze again!!!!

I don't want to alarm you unduly, but get in touch with Beko regarding the problem they have had with Defrost timers on certain models...(0800 009 4837)

Link

The reason I know is that we had one that had a similar problem, and wasn't on the list of affected products - but they sorted it anyway...

phoned em at 8:30 this morning, they are collecting the freezer today, told me to turn it off and empty it ready, bloke i spoke to just now said it sounds to be a faulty defrost timer, good job my brother inlaw had an empty chest freezer in his garage, there was over £200 worth of food in the thing!

Not sure if it classifies as a close call All1 , as the number of serious problems are still quite few...That of course doesn't help if you are one of the few who are affected...

But then I'm speaking as someone who has 4 smoke alarms linked over 2 floors, and a CO detector on each floor as well...

Not sure if it classifies as a close call All1 , as the number of serious problems are still quite few...That of course doesn't help if you are one of the few who are affected...

But then I'm speaking as someone who has 4 smoke alarms linked over 2 floors, and a CO detector on each floor as well...

I was lucky London Fire Brigade done a deal a while ago where they installed alarms linked to the mains with Lithium-ion battery back up in me 1 bed flat one in the kitchen that works on heat and smoke and normal smoke alarm in the hallway, but if i had a Beko unit right now i'd be saving for another brand to me it seems Beko have been too quiet for my liking on this one, but at least it's out of JW house which is all that matters at the end of the day, hey JW will they replace it or repair it?

All1

My username gives away my previous occupation, so I'm obsessive about safety measures in this field...

However, it should be noted that other manufacturers use the same timer including Samsung...

JW...demand a new model if under 3 years old - don't put up with the 12 month liability b*llshit!

My username gives away my previous occupation, so I'm obsessive about safety measures in this field...
Oh I just thought you were a bright spark :Smiler:

However, it should be noted that other manufacturers use the same timer including Samsung...
Yea this seems to be fairly common I am just learning that one manf of LCD screens sells to 2 or 3 brands of TV manf so you might spend a grand on a Sony for example yet you can get the same panel in a cheaper Toshiba model, of course in the TV's case you have other factors to take into consideration as well.

All1

• 4 weeks later...

Well the freezer came back after being fitted with a new compressor, ran fine for a week then WHAM! defrosted again, so another call to the store I got it from and back it went AGAIN!, came back 5 days later working fine then today WHAM! defrosted again!!!!!

after a call again they are picking it up tomorrow morning and giving me a loaner to tide me over while they fully test it for a couple of weeks

I have to ad that the freezer is second hand as I could not afford a new one at this time but was told it was under 2 years old and had come in as a part EX on a new model a few days prior to me buying it, the man at the shop wonders if the person who part exed it was aware of this particular problem and chose to get rid without telling them it had a problem!!!!