Broadband deal

Ogre

My year with talktalk is nearly up so I'm looking around to save a few pennies on my broadband.

Tesco seem to be good and cheap at the moment - £16.25v with unlimited (100MB fair usage) inc line rental.

http://www.tescobroadband.com/tesco-broadband/evening-and-weekend-package.aspx

Currently paying talk talk around £26 for 40Gb limit.

Anyone spotted any better deals?

First things first check out topcashback and quidco, when i signed up to O2 a good few years ago i got £125 cash back for signing up for 12 months, I did read the other day tesco did have some very nasty small print so be very carefull of them, what do you use you line for ? P2P, Newsgroups, Server use, IPTV, how much data do you think you will use every month, are you happy to move your phone line to them as well, also what useage for your home phone line daytime calls or evening and weekend calls?

All these things need to be taken into account when making your decision, also do people in the house have a monthly mobile contract with either orange or O2 or any other network as these bundles deals can be very good.

All1

Jesus don't fancy being in your shoes m8, according to "sam knows" the only LLU is TalkTalk.

Check out Orange they seem to be offering a decent deal, £15 a month for non orange clients plus £12.75 for line rental, making a total £28 plus you get unlimited downloads, would never use an isp that capped me that why i left Zen, you'd be watching your limits all day long, and when you consider how much stuff can be streamed you could get in serious trouble if you go over limits

Jesus don't fancy being in your shoes m8, according to "sam knows" the only LLU is TalkTalk.

Check out Orange they seem to be offering a decent deal, £15 a month for non orange clients plus £12.75 for line rental, making a total £28 plus you get unlimited downloads, would never use an isp that capped me that why i left Zen, you'd be watching your limits all day long, and when you consider how much stuff can be streamed you could get in serious trouble if you go over limits

Looks like I'm stuck with TT then. I'll see what deal they'll offer me.

Sod that m8 you don't have to be with them, if there cr*p move, they are your only LLU service but what about other options Plus.net have been doing very with "Which" magazine and they seems cheap eanough, check em out see what gives m8, too many people will put up with sh1t service, if my ISP started to limit my downloads or traffic shape me in any way i'd be off straight away even if it was a slower speed, they only understand money m8 so take yours elsewhere...

All1

One thing about plus.net they do what AOL did you will need to use the router they send you as it needs a username and password to get online if you try your router on there network it will not work

and i do not think they give out the password over the phone.

I phoned TalkTalk retentions team and got my internet bill reduced from £6.50 per month to £125 per month.

Line rental £13.80

Internet £1.25

Total £15.05 per month inc evening and weekend calls.

1 year contract.

Suits me.

Now - both our mobile phone contracts are coming up for renewal.

Both on Tmobile.

I have a Desire

She has a Wildfire - both contrackts are £25.00 per month - 1000 minutes, unlimited texts - unlimited internet.

Gotta be a better deal out there.

She wants my phone (so will probably get GifGaf sime for her)

I fancy an iphone and will probably look for a 2nd hand Iphone 3GS and go with Gif Gaf too.