About bloody time...

daveb47

Radical preacher Abu Hamza can be extradited to the United States to face terrorism charges, the European Court of Human Rights has ruled.

The court decided there would not be a violation of the European human rights code, which prohibits inhuman and degrading treatment, if Hamza is sent to America.

In total, the judges ruled five of six extradition cases - all concerning alleged international terrorists - to the US can go ahead.

Abu Hamza

Abu Hamza is wanted on terrorism charges in the US

As well as the preacher, the four other cases are Babar Ahmad, Haroon Rashid Aswat, Syed Tahla Ahsan and Adel Abdul Bary.

I'm sure many will be glad to see the back of them...

But what about the principles which have been ignored in this judgement, and are now routine?

Is it ok for the british police to investigate an alleged crime committed in the UK (even by a UK citizen), then not give any evidence to the individual (or their lawyer), and pass it straight to another country's legal system/intelligence agency/police force?

They then can extradite at will, and convict someone even if the 'crime' is not actually a crime in this country.

Of course those living in la-la land will claim it could 'never happen to them'....Dream on !

PS. What do the Iraq, Libya, Yemen, and the United States have in common?

A refusal to sign up to the International Criminal Court...

We won't extradite (well legally anyway) to three of those, so why is it ok to the biggest abuser?

Radical preacher Abu Hamza can be extradited to the United States to face terrorism charges, the European Court of Human Rights has ruled.

The court decided there would not be a violation of the European human rights code, which prohibits inhuman and degrading treatment, if Hamza is sent to America.

In total, the judges ruled five of six extradition cases - all concerning alleged international terrorists - to the US can go ahead.

Abu Hamza

Abu Hamza is wanted on terrorism charges in the US

As well as the preacher, the four other cases are Babar Ahmad, Haroon Rashid Aswat, Syed Tahla Ahsan and Adel Abdul Bary.

Should of just shot him and saved us all a load of money

Do we need the likes of Abu Hamza? If we don't let the yanks have him wouldn't it make a mockery of the extradition treaty under which you don't have to be charged with an offence in the UK, as has happened a couple of times already, - why should this low life be exempt?

I'm surprised they didn't just kidnap them like they have done countless others...

And then cover up behind themselves/ourselves... Link

American intelligence agencies including the CIA and the FBI have won a court ruling allowing them to withhold evidence from British MPs about suspected UK involvement in "extraordinary rendition" – the secret arrests and alleged torture of terror suspects.

A judge in Washington DC granted permission for key US intelligence bodies, including the highly sensitive National Security Agency, to exploit a loophole in US freedom of information legislation which bars the release of documentation to any body representing a foreign government.

Since America sh*ts on even it's so called allies' political systems and the rights of their citizens, who exactly are the terrorists?

I have to agree with you dave and jamer, unfortunatly neither of yopu will win your argument as it it sparks after all the HERO of the people in the wrong he who must defend

everybody against the Goverment or Police, weather there terrerists ,drug dealers ,Rioters or just scum it does not matter to sparks he is the Peoples (SCUMS) HERO! and will always find an argument why the Police or Goverment did it wrong and not his way.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and mine is send them home all people with terriost links should be thrown out of OUR country NOW and stop costing us the tax payers

our hard earned money keeping them here they are all being defended on our money with legal aid its ###### wrong if we cant get them out quickly then they should vanish and never be seen again.

And just to finish Sparks dont quote my post and try to belittle me like you do to everybody else because i wont respond,I have nothing against you i just dont agree with your Views and never will enough said!

I hope the yanks do execute them - it might bring an end to the extradition treaty...

They'll probably find a way to put pressure on their poodle again and write another 'treaty'

Kind of funny how some people think the current arrangement is ok though...

Hmm...And yours was not a 'be-littling comment', eh Dazling?

But a scenario for you:

Police to Mr Dazling: "we suspect you were buying bovine fertiliser in readiness for an attack of some kind"

Mr Dazling to Police: "I've never bought any "

Police to Mr Dazling: "Not what we've been told"

Mr Dazling to Police: "who said that?...what's the evidence?"

Police to Mr Dazling: "don't have to tell you"

Mr Dazling to Police: "I want a lawyer"

Police to Mr Dazling: "Won't do no good - we don't have to tell him anything either"

Mr Dazling to Police: "But I have cctv evidence, and a sworn avadavit from the archbishop that I was otherwise engaged at the time"

Police to Mr Dazling: "not interested...oh btw, the septics have demanded your extradition"

Mr Dazling to Police: "why?"

Police to Mr Dazling: "why not?...don't have to tell you anyway"

Mr Dazling to Police: "why not?"

Police to Mr Dazling: "because nobody gives a f*ck about whether you've done anything or not"

Mr Dazling to Police: "I don't get it"

Police to Mr Dazling: "no, you never did"...."next"!

It's sad to see so many who have no concept of the difference between a 'suspect' and a 'convicted person' when shouting for summary justice...

It looks as if the terrorists are well on the way to winning if they have persuaded people that governments have the right to do what they like with people regardless of their guilt or innocence...

Imo, the moral difference between a terrorist commiting arbitrary murder and someone advocating arbitrary execution is very small....

So well done for swallowing the rhetoric, and helping make the world a more dangerous place....!