Any ideas for a forum

daveb47

As usual,not feeling too good and bored shitless lol,Cant do much nowadays except computer stuff.cant even go out often nowadays.

Urgently need an idea for a forum,i have vbulletin licence but no ideas...

only thing is,mustnt clash with anyhing on here,must have vague to good chance of being popular lol.

Cheers

Dave

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, there are forums for just about everything out there.

Number one I would say make it something you are really interested in / a sport, a game, a hobby or even a particular model of car.

People will search for these type of forums and that is important.

I started a golf forum years ago and it quickly became very popular (over 3000 members when I eventually handed everything over)

I had great fun with it but it eventually took up too much of my time - ask Jamer, he'll tell you how much it takes :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave over the years you have had loads of different attempts and always come back to square one. Create a forum with something in mind like current trends and STICK WITH IT! have a theme like Touch Screen Phones or Premier League Football but what ever theme or product you choose stick with it and promote it that would be my advise, changing all the time people end up not bothering with you as they know it will not last. JamersPad has been here the 90's and even when the forum has gone quite (Like now) Jamer has just kept it going to be fair to him and people know that, changing every so often just makes people loose interest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave over the years you have had loads of different attempts and always come back to square one. Create a forum with something in mind like current trends and STICK WITH IT! have a theme like Touch Screen Phones or Premier League Football but what ever theme or product you choose stick with it and promote it that would be my advise, changing all the time people end up not bothering with you as they know it will not last. JamersPad has been here the 90's and even when the forum has gone quite (Like now) Jamer has just kept it going to be fair to him and people know that, changing every so often just makes people loose interest.

I think I would agree with hotmelter find a topic and stay with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Slightly naughty asking a question like that on here do you think? lol :Vault: If you cannot think of anything become very active on here and a moderators position may become available in the future, offer you license to Jamer for a good price he might be interested? other than that I can only reiterate the above from the other members Dave.

Slightly naughty asking a question like that on here do you think? lol

Why??

only thing is,mustnt clash with anyhing on here,

If you cannot think of anything become very active on here and a moderators position may become available in the future

I somehow dont think Jamer would have me...........LOL

Am having fun just playing with vbulletin 4.2 at moment,lots of new features.

Also building VW Trike