Olympics,what do yo think so far

daveb47

Biggest waste of money going, the games are supposed to be for the people but are so overpriced it is only the richer ones that can afford it. £2012 for a ticket to the opening ceremony, what normal people can afford such extravagance for one days entertainment. (don't they know there is a recession). Hotel & accomodation prices have tripled according to some people which also makes this out of reach for non Londeners. Sorry guys but this is supposed to be a games for Great Britain but as far as I can see most of everything is south of the border. (Oh no I sound like Sparks) Anyway as far as I am concerned you can keep it and all the trouble that goes with it, I am nice and safe way up here in the sticks with decent prices & semi decent weather.

I agree that it has to be good for the country.

I also agree that the tickets are way too expensive.

I would love to see the finest athletes in the world live so to speak in front of my eyes

but the price of tickets, if you can get any at all is so high.

I noticed that the BBC have opened 24 (yes 24) new HD channels just dedicated to the olympics.

Mind you, I paid £70 yesterday to watch the final days golf at the British open.

I thought that was quite good value though. I was in the gate for 7 O clock AM

and didn't come away till after 8PM.

I watched the best and possibly the greatest ever golfer doing their stuff.

Some of the top pro's are really nice people - they talk to the crowd and have a laugh with you.

Well, except one (the greatest) he never responds to the crowd .

Sport is like Marmite,love it or hate it.

Dont personally think it will do anything for this country,the only ones that will benefit are the already rich.

Ordinary people are losing money hand over foot,Businesses having to close down because staff and goods cant get to them,Taxi drivers are actually taking time off for the Olympic period.(Appropriate phrase considering the bloody shower that are running it...)

Anyone who works or has business in london area is suffering.

This is without the stress and inconvenience that the road closures and olympic lanes have caused to commuters etc.Its making peoples journeys 4 times as long as usual.

Olympics in UK fine,but what a stupid place to have it.

They should have found somewhere central uk near an airport away from a large city to do it.

We will be paying bill for this for 20-30 years,and will never see any benifit to the general population from it.

Bloody hell, has a former member hacked your account Daveb. You are sounding like him

(only joking mate :) )

I have no idea whether there will be a profit or a loss or who will gain and who will lose and you are probably right with the logistics of the venue.

But it's a spectacle that the whole world will watch. The cream of human ability, endurance and skill are on show.

Every competitor has forsaken a normal life just to be good enough to be there.

Most are amateurs with normal jobs striving to be the best they can be.

I think it's a wonderful and at times emotional event.

I for one shall be watching and cheering

As expected right wing turds like Coe, Jeremy (Mr Corrupt) Hunt and the rest of the them are making colossal ballsups and making excuses for their friends who have their snouts in the trough. Even now, Coe is making excuses for the corporate types who are got the seats and haven't bothered their collective ars*s to actually GO while others are misasing out. He is refusing to name them - this tossers excuse is "They'll turn up for the later stages" WHOOPIE ! Thats that sorted then.

As for the much praised before they did a bloody thing athletes....they are coming up badly short so far.

Mind you, I paid £70 yesterday to watch the final days golf at the British open.

Yeah, each to their own. My views on golf are similar to Mark Twain's.

I used to love Speedway and Footie. Not sure I'd pay £70 for either though !