Olympics Gold?

daveb47

Olympics gold medals well worth it.

They only cost £4.5 million.each.

Think health,schools,jobs,jobs,etc

That is not counting the real costs of those who have lost out bigtime,Businesses forced to close,loss of business etc.

Sorry to be a killjoy but just a waste of money.

Olympics gold medals well worth it.

They only cost £4.5 million.each.

Think health,schools,jobs,jobs,etc

That is not counting the real costs of those who have lost out bigtime,Businesses forced to close,loss of business etc.

Sorry to be a killjoy but just a waste of money.

What you on about a Gold Medal cost £450, they are NOT solid gold you know!

http://www.thisdayli...l-cost-/122195/

The Olympic Games in London the say are one of the best in all time and will generate billions over he years for the UK just on increased tourism alone, so actually you could not be further from the truth.

In my opinion the games will cost this country billion s and we will still be paying for it in 30 years time.

Ok the rich will probably get richer at our expense,but whats new there??

Feelgood factor for a month or 2...thats it.

Just hope the tourists dont get to see the real uk,over 800 soup kitchens in many major towns now,more urgently needed.

Patients dieing because money is not available for treatments etc,etc.

The real uk,not the rose tinted olympic mirage.

Miserable buggers, what's the matter with you? moan moan moan, and where did you get those ridiculous figures from? To be fair, the London 2012 Olympics has probably been the most successful to date and it has lifted this Country!! It's the best thing that has happened in years. Most Countries would be honored to hos the Olympics.

Now that the main event is over I actually feel slightly deflated, looking forward to the Para Olympics now.

If your concerned over wasted money the government should look into these lazy sods that don't want to work, people that illegally claim and the so called fake disabled scams going around, these are the negatives that cost this Country! So instead of attacking the positives such as the fantastic Olympics that the World has just witnessed, try focusing your anger on the negatives!

I would have to agree with The Fonz on this one Dave, very successful games, it is the best tourist advert you could possibly want for the UK and by the look of things it has worked.

NBC's coverage of London 2012 was the "most-watched television event in US history", the TV network has announced.

Citing Nielsen ratings figures, NBC said more than 219 million viewers watched the Games on its networks, compared to the 215 million who tuned in for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

The above quote is from today's news

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-arts-19253273.

Personally I thought that the Olympic Games London 2012 were absolutely brilliant! in every way.

I would have to agree with The Fonz on this one Dave, very successful games, it is the best tourist advert you could possibly want for the UK and by the look of things it has worked.

I completely agree, excellent advert for the UK

None of us here can claim to really know the financial gain or loss the Olymics has generated.

We don't know how much extra tourism and business will occur due to this magnificent event.

But for sure, it won't harm us.

Billions of people worldwide watched it on TV and it put Britain in a positive light.

I though London especially looked wonderful.

How many of those billions watching have now decided they must come to Britain next year.

It's all extra income that will filter through the system.

Well it may have been a good showboat for UK,just hope the tourists don't sue for misleading advertising when they see the real shambles that exists.

You can be 100% sure that the average joe wont benefit one iota from any revenue that may come in thats for sure

Well it may have been a good showboat for UK,just hope the tourists don't sue for misleading advertising when they see the real shambles that exists.

You can be 100% sure that the average joe wont benefit one iota from any revenue that may come in thats for sure

I totally disagree with you. My cousin has a market stall in the east end of London and since the Stadium opened several months before the main games he business has quadrupled. I bet you have been nowhere near Stratford have you?

He tells me it's the best thing to have happened to him and the surrounding area, locals say it has really revitalized the whole area and not just around the immediate Stadium. Personally I think your whole attitude towards everything connected to the Olympics has been typical of a lot of people, but most have not even been here to see what is actually been going on and how MASSIVE an improvement it has really been.

I am surprised how you are turning something positive into a negative, oh well you can't please everybody I guess, maybe you would of been happier if nothing had been done and no bid put forward. :Hmm:

I am no financial wizard but if tourists or more people than normally would buy products as a result of seeing the olympics and London

The money filters down no matter what you think

The extra products and services have to be made and supplied - that = extra jobs or people keeping their jobs

Not just some fat cats just licking the cream.

• Thumbs Up 1