Any better sites than Ebay

Rother

Ebay is fine if you are just wanting to buy something - although you do have to be aware of a few things.

Like a lot of the times you can get the same item from an actual bona fide retailer for less.

And some dodgy buggers make sure the photo's only show the good bits

But!

If you want to sell something, the charges are unbelivable. You get thromped 3 times.

For example; I had an item to sell. I put it up for £350.00 and it was snapped up in less than an hour.

£350 was a bargain for the item and the buyers obvioulsly knew that.

That part I am not bothered about.

Because I wanted to put up photographs of the item, I was charged about £6.00 to advertise

It sold and this is where they are crafty (or bloody sneaky) The buyer put £350 in my paypal account.

That is so that paypal (which you are forced to use) get the percentage of the full selling price (£16)

Then later ebay take their 10% off the full selling price too. (£35) at no point do you own the full selling price

So out of the £350 I was deducted £57.00. That is a massive rake off for one item where I have done all the work.

Anyone know of any better selling sites with a much better percentage rake off.