Sky Fiber Vs BT Infinity

Jamer

I currently have everything through Sky, TV, Phone, Broadband and we now have Optic Fiber available at our loal exchange, now BT seem to be slightly cheaper with their deals, Sky want £30 for Fiber Pro (up to 76mb speed) plus £12.25 line rental then £50 connection fee.

BT Infinity £26 for up to 76mb speeds (£20 for first 3 months) £14.60 line rental, (£10.75 if paid 12 months in advance) so currently it's cheaper to go back to BT.

Anyone got anything to add to this? Other than the fact BT call centre is in India which I hate but it looks like I will be switching back to BT.

I have ordered BT Infinity Option 2 'Unlimited' maximum of 52mb download for my exchange and 13mb upload.

Better than the current 2.6mb download tat I have been getting for years! Roll on October 11th, can't wait!

The £50 connection fee is a bit of a con if fiber is already available at the exchange and you are already on it for your internet

It's just a case of typing it into a computer to swap you over to fiber.

BTW what are the upload speeds on the two if it's less then 10mb don't get it

As the is CRC checking on all the downloading you do and this needs upload (this is the bottle neck)

I still think SDSL is the best type if internet you can get

If you were to have a 1000mb download but only a 10mb upload the fastest you can download on that will be 96mb

After all the CRC is done.

If you had a upload of say 16mb the top download speed you can get of that is 256mb

If they offer you 24mb upload that will Max out glan up to a 1000mb you will get full speed on download.

Just remember that for every 8 bits you download 2 bits get uploaded and the next lot of 8 bits will not download till the is a OK on the 2bits uploaded if the is not a OK on it you get the same 8bits sent again till it is OK.

The £50 connection fee is a bit of a con if fiber is already available at the exchange and you are already on it for your internet

It's just a case of typing it into a computer to swap you over to fiber.

BTW what are the upload speeds on the two if it's less then 10mb don't get it

As the is CRC checking on all the downloading you do and this needs upload (this is the bottle neck)

I still think SDSL is the best type if internet you can get

If you were to have a 1000mb download but only a 10mb upload the fastest you can download on that will be 96mb

After all the CRC is done.

If you had a upload of say 16mb the top download speed you can get of that is 256mb

If they offer you 24mb upload that will Max out glan up to a 1000mb you will get full speed on download.

Just remember that for every 8 bits you download 2 bits get uploaded and the next lot of 8 bits will not download till the is a OK on the 2bits uploaded if the is not a OK on it you get the same 8bits sent again till it is OK.

Jamer said his upload is 13mb

I have ordered BT Infinity Option 2 'Unlimited' maximum of 52mb download for my exchange and 13mb upload.

it's a bit hard for me to read the blue text but i can see it now on my big tv.

just one more thing all the wired hardware will need to be giga-lan and the wi-fi will need to be wireless N or the newer wireless AC to see the full speed from this type of internet.