west Coast main line

cyrus troy

So looks like Virgin trains will be running this for a while yet

What gets me is that this is the busiest line and its no wonder Sir Grab-a-lot doesn't want to loose it, i use this line quite alot when going to london and this is one observation i have made

Virgin Birmingham to Euston 1hr 20 mins = £155

London Midland, Birmingham to Euston 2hr 10 mins = £70

So what am i actually getting for the extra £85, can it be argued well were getting you there quicker, but i would say well that means im spending less time on your train and your charging me more for that

if we applied the same logic to taxi drivers yes we would all get there quicker but it would cost more

Better seats maybe, not when your sat next to a 25 stone heffa and all you can do is look like a garfield stuck to the window

No wonder they don't want to loose this line, its a right fecking cash cow

Do you think it would be cheaper with anyone else running it.I doubt it all companys in this shit hole of a country want to rip us off for every penny they can get away with with the worst service they can get away with.

I have got this train some times and from what I understand Virgin put in the 2nd highest bid now over the years they have to make that back

And make a profit that company that put the highest bid it was a lot higher then the Virgin offer so ask were is that extra cash coming from

The are only two ways they can do it as they need to make the cash back to cover the bid and make a profit too like Virgin do.

1st do they take a loss in profit over the years to cover the bid.

2nd put up costs on the train higher ticket pricing to cover the extra cost of what they offed in the bid.

We all know what one of the two they will have gone for.