1 teaspoon of ground cumin

1 teaspoon of ground coriander

1 crushed stick of cinnamon

Good splash of Tabasco sauce

1 beef stock cube

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 large bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped

Plain yoghurt, sour cream or crème fraiche

Fry the onion and garlic with a little oil, in a large heavy frying-pan until softened.

Turn up the heat and add the mince and a little more oil, cooking quickly until browned and breaking down any chunks with a wooden spoon.

Pour in the Guinness and boil for 2-3 minutes.

Transfer the mixture to a large pan or slow cooker and add the tomatoes, green pepper, tomato purée, ground coriander, birds eye chillies, cumin, cinnamon, and Tabasco sauce and crumble in the stock cube.

Add salt and pepper to taste, bring to a simmer.

Top and tail the Ramiro Pepper and add it whole to the mix, cover with a lid and cook over a very low heat ( around 70-80C ) for about 3 to 4 hours, or until the Ramiro has completely broken up, stirring occasionally until the mixture is thick.

Drain the kidney beans and add them and the fresh coriander. Cook for a further 10 minutes, uncovered, before removing from the heat.

Top each portion of chilli con carnie with a dollop of plain yoghurt, sour cream or crème fraiche and serve with rice, or baked potatoes.

DON'T FORGET, while it's cooking take regular trips outside for "a bit of fresh air", as it smells wonderful when you come back in the house :Cool:

Keep any leftovers in the fridge, it gets even better with age.

Enjoy :In-love:

Credit has to go to my friend Melina for the basic recipe, I've just adapted it a bit to a slightly hotter taste than most Norwegians like. It's not a tongue burner by any means, more like a medium hot curry type spicy, but if you don't like it like that, reduce or increase the birds eye chillies to taste, BUT, leave in the seeds of the chillies.

Sounds yummy! I like making chili in my slow cooker. When you come in from work, you get that wave of scent as you walk in the door. Guaranteed you will forget all the cr*p that went on at work and all you will think about is how good that's going to taste.

• 4 weeks later...