Reason I park In Disabled Bay's

Jamer

I have a £33,000 Mercedes Vito Sport truck, it is 3 weeks old, I parked in a normal (always too small) parking bay at the local retails park today and came back to this!

IMG_1254l.jpg

And this is the damage caused...

IMG_3686.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

I waited for the guy to come back, he was with his wife. I asked him how on earth he managed to reverse into my truck? He said that his car was overhanging at the front, I said well surely you felt it when you backed into my truck he said no. He said sorry and went to get into his car, I said hang on mate, sorry is not good enough as this is clearly damaged, he said it will come out with a bit of T Cut to which I replied maybe it will but I should not have to have T Cut used on my new vehicle! Nevertheless, he was reluctant to give me his details, so I gave him a choice, either give me your details or I will kick your door in before you drive off, simple!

He gave me his details and email, so I am about to send this little lot to him but there is no way that T Cut will remove this it's scratched! I hate parking in normal spaces so I am going back to using the bigger ones in future! Totally pissed off would be an under statement.

I agree i usually park between 2 for that reason.Some real dickheads about how they pass a test is beyond me,I once came back to mine to find i couldn't get in because some dick had parked so close.I had to get in the passenger side luckily i was able to get my boot into his door to leave a nice big dent in it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sods. Which car park mate. Most of them are so small you can not get out the doors if parked next to cars.

A few months back in Hereford I pulled over by multi-story to let wife out car. It was double yellow I must admit. A taxi was in front also on double yellows. I waited for him to go to see him put it in reverse and reverse straight into my car causing damage - only a little it seemed but there was damage. He drove off after giving details as there was witnesses. When I went through insurance he denied it. I gave him a right verbal on the phone and I was going to visit him but was stopped by wife. Took 5 months to sort out.

Got hire car in the end for 10 days while sorted at £148 per day. He paid for that. He could have got away with a repair privately which I offered first of all for around £150.00 as that was what someone estimated that I know. I reckon his insurance bill would have been around £2k in the end. He excess I know was 1k.

Derren

• Thumbs Up 3

Sods. Which car park mate. Most of them are so small you can not get out the doors if parked next to cars.

A few months back in Hereford I pulled over by multi-story to let wife out car. It was double yellow I must admit. A taxi was in front also on double yellows. I waited for him to go to see him put it in reverse and reverse straight into my car causing damage - only a little it seemed but there was damage. He drove off after giving details as there was witnesses. When I went through insurance he denied it. I gave him a right verbal on the phone and I was going to visit him but was stopped by wife. Took 5 months to sort out.

Got hire car in the end for 10 days while sorted at £148 per day. He paid for that. He could have got away with a repair privately which I offered first of all for around £150.00 as that was what someone estimated that I know. I reckon his insurance bill would have been around £2k in the end. He excess I know was 1k.

Derren

Good for you mate, it was on the Halfords retail park (Spur Retail Park)

• Thumbs Up 2

I managed to witness some pr1ck back into my son's 1 day old C3. When I pulled him up on it and asked him if he'd just backed into the C3 he said that he had. Didn't stop him trying to drive off though. Luckily there was a minor scuff that my son said wasn't worth the hassle pursuing. Some @rseholes have no conscience or respect for other peoples property. He even had the balls to threaten me when I called him a dick head. I reckon £500 a panel isn't out of the ordinary for a paint job.

• Thumbs Up 2

I managed to witness some pr1ck back into my son's 1 day old C3. When I pulled him up on it and asked him if he'd just backed into the C3 he said that he had. Didn't stop him trying to drive off though. Luckily there was a minor scuff that my son said wasn't worth the hassle pursuing. Some @rseholes have no conscience or respect for other peoples property. He even had the balls to threaten me when I called him a dick head. I reckon £500 a panel isn't out of the ordinary for a paint job.

Complete Joke and they have the cheek to drive off

• Thumbs Up 2

1st thing you do is take a snapshot of the cars reg number then if you can the one driving the car and after that

You then take the pics of the dent on your car.

If they ask why your taking pics it's to cover yourself and you have a mate that can run reg numbers.

Still no reason to park in a disabled bay...

I am not going to get into this argument but in my opinion most of the people with disabled badges are hardly disabled. Secondly, if they made the parking spaces sensible sizes then we would all be happy (they are clearly way too small) but I would be parking in either Mother & Baby or Disabled spaces too if I had a 4x4 or expensive vehicle as in Jamer's case as some people could not care less what damage the cause.

• Thumbs Up 2

Still no reason to park in a disabled bay...

Have to agree with you there m8ty there is no excuse, being Disabled myself there is never enough Disabled spaces as it is without people

parking in them because theres more room and they dont want there car sctrached.

Park further away from the shops were the parking is less busy or go to Cosco`s there parking bays are huge lol

Jamer its not right that your Truck got scrached but its also not right that you like to park in a Disabled Bay anyway its still likely to get damaged in

a Disabled Bay WheelChairs are the worst for it.

• Thumbs Down 1

Have to agree with you there m8ty there is no excuse, being Disabled myself there is never enough Disabled spaces as it is without people

parking in them because theres more room and they dont want there car sctrached.

Park further away from the shops were the parking is less busy or go to Cosco`s there parking bays are huge lol

Jamer its not right that your Truck got scrached but its also not right that you like to park in a Disabled Bay anyway its still likely to get damaged in

a Disabled Bay WheelChairs are the worst for it.

I have parked right over the other side of a car park and you can guarantee with all the spces around me when I get back to my car someone has parked right next to me, you watch the next time your in a car park, people park in groups like sheep, it's weird. I was in Morrison s at 8am this morning, virtually an empty car park, I parked away from the store and on my own and while I st there eating my breakfast I watched people park next to me.

I agree with Jamer, (he never said it was his right to park in a disabled space) with his vehicle and after his experience I would park in Mother & Baby first choice and providing there were plenty of empty ones (There usually is) I would park in disabled too.

Talking of disabled spaces, sorry but I agree with the comments above MOST are NOT what I would consider disabled and secondly there are 3 times as many disabled spaces in my town than any other. So are there more disabled people now than there were 20 years ago? or just more scammers? Can someone explain this to me also, WHY WHY WHY are disabled people who have nice NEW cars (Something that I could never afford) and have their blue badges allowed to park in Council car parks FREE OF CHARGE? They already have dedicated spaces close to stores and close to the entrance of car parks but why FREE? I can see why people get annoyed

• Thumbs Up 2

The selfish guy (with no children) who parked his BMW in a Parent & Toddler place a few weeks ago meaning Mrs Ogre couldn't get the car door open to put the baby car seat into the car 'accidently' ended up with a dent in his car door (she can kick hard when she wants to...

Wether I agree or not with "are there too many disabled people driving" or similar isn;t the issue, I believe if you are not regidterd disabled or don't have a baby or toddler with you then don't park in those spaces.

I feel Jamers pain - no-one wants there car damaged, especially by tw*ts who then say its nothing and want to drive off. Hapened to me a few years ago, luckily a 2 witnesses saw what happened and when the guy denied it the police charged him. It went to court and he was fined and I was awarded a payout.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to put the record straight here...

I only park in these spaces either, when its close to the time that the store is closing and there are plenty available or if its late at night when babies should be in bed! Even when you park the other side of the car park, like Divvy has experienced you can guarantee when you come back to the car someone has parked right next to you, even though there are still loads of empty spaces around. Problem here is that they allow the same poxy SMALL space for trucks, vans and 4x4's as the small vehicles, now if they had spaces available for bigger vehicles, then guess what... I WOULD PARK IN THEM, and this is one of the problems. Furthermore, I counted over 30 spaces in the local supermarket today just for disabled and another 20 spaces for Parent & Baby, are we really going to have over 30 disabled people in the supermarket all at the same time? Very strange as they only have 2 x mobility scooters for use and 10 disabled trollies, so something does not add up.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I only park in these spaces either, when its close to the time that the store is closing and there are plenty available or if its late at night when babies should be in bed! Even when you park the other side of the car park, like Divvy has experienced you can guarantee when you come back to the car someone has parked right next to you, even though there are still loads of empty spaces around. Problem here is that they allow the same poxy SMALL space for trucks, vans and 4x4's as the small vehicles, now if they had spaces available for bigger vehicles, then guess what... I WOULD PARK IN THEM, and this is one of the problems. Furthermore, I counted over 30 spaces in the local supermarket today just for disabled and another 20 spaces for Parent & Baby, are we really going to have over 30 disabled people in the supermarket all at the same time? Very strange as they only have 2 x mobility scooters for use and 10 disabled trollies, so something does not add up.

That's fair in my opinion Jamer, what happened in the end did they pay to get it repaired for you?

• Thumbs Up 1

I am disabled and drive a new large car. I cannot get in or out of a smaller one due to my disability and the car is supplied to me by Motability because I qualify and get DLA. I get so pissed off when I can't get into a disabled parking bay because there are people filling the spaces who have no disability at all and no blue badge. As far as I am concerned some of those should be permanently banned from driving and have their cars confiscated. They have no idea what it is like to have to live with a disability and don't give a flying f*** about anyone else. I quite often have to park further away across 2 bays but that then makes it more difficult for me to get to wherever I am going because of the distance.

Sorry about the rant but it really does annoy me and before I was disabled I never parked in a disabled bay even in a large vehicle.

• Thumbs Down 1

Playing devils advocate here, I would say if you have a large vehicle and you are not disabled; then the onus is on you to park correctly.

Your big car is your problem - not everyone else's.

You get plenty pluses by having a big car, suck up the minus's too.

• Thumbs Down 2

I am disabled and drive a new large car. I cannot get in or out of a smaller one due to my disability and the car is supplied to me by Motability because I qualify and get DLA. I get so pissed off when I can't get into a disabled parking bay because there are people filling the spaces who have no disability at all and no blue badge. As far as I am concerned some of those should be permanently banned from driving and have their cars confiscated. They have no idea what it is like to have to live with a disability and don't give a flying f*** about anyone else. I quite often have to park further away across 2 bays but that then makes it more difficult for me to get to wherever I am going because of the distance.

Sorry about the rant but it really does annoy me and before I was disabled I never parked in a disabled bay even in a large vehicle.

In fairness Jamer said the following.

I only park in these spaces either, when its close to the time that the store is closing and there are plenty available or if its late at night when babies should be in bed!

They are happy to supply larger spaces for disabled people and parent and baby but not for larger vehicles as in Jamer's case, so I blame the car parks! What is Jamer supposed to do then Mr Grumpy? he has a brand new expensive vehicle (£33k), so what would would you do or where would you park if you were him?

• Thumbs Up 2

What I was saying was that only disabled should park in those spaces because that is what they are for. My car is an S Max which was £26K new and yes I would find it a problem to park if I didn't have a badge. I still wouldn't use the disabled bays though. Whilst Jamer is probably doing no harm with the times he uses them, how much does that gradually change until it is a problem. Some of the new bays where I live are actually further from the shop door than the new walking distance guidelines for blue badge holders. Taking even a couple of them can cause real problems for those that can still move under their own power.

The extra space by the way is not for the vehicle but because the doors have to be opened to the full extent which just can't happen in a standard bay.

If I were fit and that concerned about my vehicle I either wouldn't go near any of those car parks or park at the furthest point and if not busy park across 2 bays. I certainly wouldn't take up a bay that may well be needed by someone like myself who can't walk either very well of very far.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I was saying was that only disabled should park in those spaces because that is what they are for. My car is an S Max which was £26K new and yes I would find it a problem to park if I didn't have a badge. I still wouldn't use the disabled bays though. Whilst Jamer is probably doing no harm with the times he uses them, how much does that gradually change until it is a problem. Some of the new bays where I live are actually further from the shop door than the new walking distance guidelines for blue badge holders. Taking even a couple of them can cause real problems for those that can still move under their own power.

The extra space by the way is not for the vehicle but because the doors have to be opened to the full extent which just can't happen in a standard bay.

If I were fit and that concerned about my vehicle I either wouldn't go near any of those car parks or park at the furthest point and if not busy park across 2 bays. I certainly wouldn't take up a bay that may well be needed by someone like myself who can't walk either very well of very far.

In my experience when you park the other side of the car park away from everyone you can guarantee when you come back someone has parked right next to you as for parking in two bays that's almost as bad as parking in a disabled space is it not? but a friend of mine did this recently and got a ticket for compromising 2 bays, cant win! They should build bigger spaces for larger vehicles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Making some larger bays for ordinary parkers would be a solution but it still would not stop the ars*****s from taking up the space that I need amongst the disabled bays. Having larger ordinary bays would also leave them open to other abuse including parking caravans etc and end up making the place even more dangerous. Whatever anybody does just keep out of the disabled bays as we more often than not do not have the choice of how we are or what we can get in to or drive.

Sometimes I wish for the very old days when commercial vehicles of any kind were not allowed on housing estates and blocking the roads and were near enough banned from car parks. In those days everyone had their own car as well as a van because vans were left at work as they should be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Making some larger bays for ordinary parkers would be a solution but it still would not stop the ars*****s from taking up the space that I need amongst the disabled bays. Having larger ordinary bays would also leave them open to other abuse including parking caravans etc and end up making the place even more dangerous. Whatever anybody does just keep out of the disabled bays as we more often than not do not have the choice of how we are or what we can get in to or drive.

Sometimes I wish for the very old days when commercial vehicles of any kind were not allowed on housing estates and blocking the roads and were near enough banned from car parks. In those days everyone had their own car as well as a van because vans were left at work as they should be.

This is a slightly selfish attitude, what makes you so special? we are all entitled to park in these car parks and yes some of us drive 4x4's and vans or estate cars. Don't get me wrong, I feel for genuine disabled people but half the people I see with blue badges are NOT what i would consider disabled.

DLA now there is a massive cost to the country (tax payer?) WHY WHY WHY are so called 'disabled' people having BRAND NEW CARS? I have worked everyday of my life and I have never been able to afford a new car and probably never will either. I appreciate that the person is giving their allowance book or payment to the mobility garage in order to have the car but why cant they just use taxi's for example? my father is 84 years old, and he had a stroke several years ago and had to surrender his license, he is is happy to use a taxi, so whats the difference here? the reason that I say this is because my cousin has a brand spanking new VW Passet (he paid to top up to a higher standard of car, this is a kudos thing i know!) and uses it probably twice a week to take his Mrs shopping, its outside his house most of the time, so surely that would save a fortune or have good quality second hand cars say 5 years old...never understood this, seems to be 20 x more disabled spaces in the city's these days than there were 15 years ago, if you have a blue badge this allows you to park almost anyway, you see cars parked close to junctions and corners all the time, so stop whingeing that some people with larger vehicles choose to park in these bays when its late in the day or if there are plenty available.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a dodgy wicket your are on there 'The Fonz'

What do you want to see? Only people that crawl from their cars or have visible signs they are disabled.

There are bound to be some that abuse the system (as in all things) but the attitude of 'f*** em I'm able bodied' does you no credit

• Thumbs Down 2

I am not saying that and to be quite frank I am fed up with hearing it, genuine disabled people no problem, but its all about them what about us? where are we supposed to park then? where do people with bigger vehicles park like in Jamers case? everywhere I drive all I seem to see is disabled parking and even disabled people abuse where they can park! by parking on junctions and street corners like it was mentioned above. If if was late at night or if there were loads of bays I would park in them too, what the problem with that? makes me laugh in our local supermarket there are over 25 disabled parking bays yet only one mobility scooter and 5 or 6 disabled trolleys, something does not add up...

• Thumbs Up 2

This is a slightly selfish attitude, what makes you so special? we are all entitled to park in these car parks and yes some of us drive 4x4's and vans or estate cars. Don't get me wrong, I feel for genuine disabled people but half the people I see with blue badges are NOT what i would consider disabled.

DLA now there is a massive cost to the country (tax payer?) WHY WHY WHY are so called 'disabled' people having BRAND NEW CARS? I have worked everyday of my life and I have never been able to afford a new car and probably never will either. I appreciate that the person is giving their allowance book or payment to the mobility garage in order to have the car but why cant they just use taxi's for example? my father is 84 years old, and he had a stroke several years ago and had to surrender his license, he is is happy to use a taxi, so whats the difference here? the reason that I say this is because my cousin has a brand spanking new VW Passet (he paid to top up to a higher standard of car, this is a kudos thing i know!) and uses it probably twice a week to take his Mrs shopping, its outside his house most of the time, so surely that would save a fortune or have good quality second hand cars say 5 years old...never understood this, seems to be 20 x more disabled spaces in the city's these days than there were 15 years ago, if you have a blue badge this allows you to park almost anyway, you see cars parked close to junctions and corners all the time, so stop whingeing that some people with larger vehicles choose to park in these bays when its late in the day or if there are plenty available.

I could not agree more, how much money is being wasted here yet we still have people and kids on the poverty line :Angry_32:

• Thumbs Up 2

Totally agree with Fonz far too many disabled spaces at most supermarkets,And very rare i see someone with a blue badge who actually looks disabled.The system is wrong if there genuinely disabled thats fine they deserve help. But i would say the majority are just scroungers milking the system.

• Thumbs Up 3

spot on

• Thumbs Up 1

I could turn this around and say that you know the situation with car parking and you still choose to have large /expensive cars so you only have yourself to blame.

I can just about walk with a stick but only for a few yards so therefore I need a mobility scooter for anything more. Pray tell me where the f*** am I supposed to park to be able to get this out of the car if not a disabled bay which by some of your comments I should not have let alone a decent car to go around in that I can actually use properly. Yes there are some that scam the system but surely that is exactly what you are proposing to do when you park wrongly in a disabled bay. It's either that or f*** you Jack I'm alright and got a bigger car than you.

Whichever way you look at it if I see an incorrectly parked car in a bay when I need it I will report it because that is plain selfishness, something that has really taken over this country and especially road manners.

What I will say is try being disabled. I would gladly give up all the "extras" to be healthy again.

• Thumbs Down 2

Not sure I agree with the start of name calling, I assume that is directed at Jamer? however, If Jamer or anyone else parks in these spaces (in their words) when its late at night or when there are plenty of spaces available then I don't have an issue with it. I have a blue badge but I hardly use it, I applied for it a few years ago when I had a problem with a slipped disk. I was awarded it because I could not walk over 100 metres without being in pain (Hardly disabled), tbh I argued with a friend who suggested I apply and I never in a million years thought I would get one, but there you go. So on the flip side of this for all you people that are condemning people for parking in these bays without a badge, the system is all wrong and to actually get one is not that difficult at all in my experience. If they provided people with larger vehicle bigger spaces I also believe this would eliminate a lot of this, I think most don't park in them because its closer to the stores, they park in them because normal spaces are hardly big enough for a Fiesta!

I could turn this around and say that you know the situation with car parking and you still choose to have large /expensive cars so you only have yourself to blame.

This statement is really odd, what about people who have vans or are self employed, delivery vehicles... you would soon moan if your boiler broke and the plumber turned up in a car without a replacement because his car was not big enough to carry it 'what a stupid comment'

• Thumbs Up 1