Reason I park In Disabled Bay's

Jamer

This statement is really odd, what about people who have vans or are self employed, delivery vehicles... you would soon moan if your boiler broke and the plumber turned up in a car without a replacement because his car was not big enough to carry it 'what a stupid comment'

Those are commercial vehicles and as such should be used for just that. If they were then they would have no need to use a supermarket car park and as I said earlier I long for the old days when they were banned from such car parks for the reason of being too big for the spaces. Drivers of such vehicles left them at their place of work. Now we can't get round housing estates because they have forgotten to uphold the bylaw that prohibits the parking of commercial vehicles overnight and because those drivers use them as their private transport.

The walking limit now is down to 20m so the issue of anyone getting a blue badge has been addressed and this also means going to an assessment centre and not as it was by a note from your doctor.

As for the not because they are closer to the store comment. Try and get a space when its raining and its not just large vehicles without blue badges

Those are commercial vehicles and as such should be used for just that. If they were then they would have no need to use a supermarket car park and as I said earlier I long for the old days when they were banned from such car parks for the reason of being too big for the spaces. Drivers of such vehicles left them at their place of work. Now we can't get round housing estates because they have forgotten to uphold the bylaw that prohibits the parking of commercial vehicles overnight and because those drivers use them as their private transport.

The walking limit now is down to 20m so the issue of anyone getting a blue badge has been addressed and this also means going to an assessment centre and not as it was by a note from your doctor.

As for the not because they are closer to the store comment. Try and get a space when its raining and its not just large vehicles without blue badges

Arc at him with a S Max :kissy: some self employed people can only afford one vehicle and most work from home what planet you on ?

• 1 month later...

I have just logged on for the first time in ... months. My apologies.

I feel sorry for Jamers dilemma in the car park, there is no excuse for bad parking, just bad drivers. I also agree that parking bays are generally too small. You see people carriers, 4x4s and other larger vehicles more often nowadays then you did 10 or 20 years ago, yet the parking bays have not grown any bigger.

What does sadden me (in this thread) is some of the ignorance shown towards disabled people. Being disabled does not mean having no use of the legs; in fact being disabled is not always physical, it can be a mental disability.

You do not have to look disabled to be disabled.

I am not going to get into this argument but in my opinion most of the people with disabled badges are hardly disabled.

Ignorance. You do not have to look disabled to be disabled.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for genuine disabled people but half the people I see with blue badges are NOT what i would consider disabled.

DLA now there is a massive cost to the country (tax payer?) WHY WHY WHY are so called 'disabled' people having BRAND NEW CARS? I have worked everyday of my life and I have never been able to afford a new car and probably never will either. I appreciate that the person is giving their allowance book or payment to the mobility garage in order to have the car but why cant they just use taxi's for example?

Only disabled people who get the highest rate of the mobility component of DLA (Disability Living Allowance) are entitled, if they so choose, to use their allowance to lease a vehicle on the motability scheme. If they choose a more expensive vehicle then they must make up the difference with an upfront payment.

Being disabled, people are more vulnerable and need a vehicle that is reliable. A new vehicle is generally more reliable (and under warranty) than a second-hand vehicle. It could be dangerous or life threatening if a disabled person broke down in their vehicle in the middle of nowhere, which is why a reliable vehicle is a must.

Able-bodied people can also lease a vehicle, if they so choose, but not through the motability scheme, which is a charitable organisation.

Totally agree with Fonz far too many disabled spaces at most supermarkets,And very rare i see someone with a blue badge who actually looks disabled.The system is wrong if there genuinely disabled thats fine they deserve help. But i would say the majority are just scroungers milking the system.

Ignorance. You do not have to look disabled to be disabled. The disabled bays are larger so that the disabled person can get in and out of a vehicle more easily. Often the car door needs to be fully open.

I am disabled and drive a new large car. I cannot get in or out of a smaller one due to my disability

Playing devils advocate here, I would say if you have a large vehicle and you are not disabled; then the onus is on you to park correctly.

Ignorance. You are not aware of the Mr Grumpy or his disability or the car he uses.

• 3 months later...

Some years ago me and my mate had a gaming (xbox) night at his home at about 2:30-3:00am we went to ASDA Minworth It's open 24 hours

to get provisions and a game we were in the shop less then 10 minutes we had parked in a Mother & Baby bay the are like over 50 of them

when we got back to the car the was some body there that says "you should not be parked there you know"

My mate had his say "If someone was parked here who has a Baby at this time should not be allowed to keep that Baby"

Mother & Baby bays need to be on a clock say between 6:30am-9:30pm out side this time they need to be freed up for disabled & normal use.

Mother & Baby bays need to be on a clock say between 6:30am-9:30pm out side this time they need to be freed up for disabled & normal use.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

All I'm saying Divvy is this one ended up a real mess from media reports so far one dude hit the other with a  single punch and he died from that, now did he die from the punch or his head hitting the floor i have no idea, just posting it as it related to jamers post, just doing my bit to keep the board alive that's all.

All1

Thanks to the nice people collecting their pizza I couldn't park in a disabled bay and had to park where I could actually get out of the car which was not in any bay at all as they are all too small and got a parking ticket for their effort.  :Angry_32:  :Angry_32:  :Angry_32:

How did this end up Jamer - did T-Cut get it out or did you have to follow through with insurance company?

My company claimed against his insurance but the guy was a real awkward bloke and clearly did not want to pay for the damage. Now when I park, I drive around the back to the far end of the car park and park using 2 x spaces bollocks to them. That way I avoid using the so called disabled bays that most non disabled people use.

Thanks to the nice people collecting their pizza I couldn't park in a disabled bay and had to park where I could actually get out of the car which was not in any bay at all as they are all too small and got a parking ticket for their effort.  :Angry_32:  :Angry_32:  :Angry_32:

If it was a private car park. don't pay it !

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 months later...