Now Mandela is at death's door and Jacob Zuma (head of the Marxist ANC party) is cosying up to the great man for the qudos it gives him (the ba5tard), can someone please tell me why Mandela was so revered when he was released from Robbin Island prison (apart from just being a figurehead for anti-racism)?

I know he was sent to Robbin Island after a trial for conspiracy in the blowing up of a train in which many people died. A train with only white men, woman and children aboard which make his attack racial motivated. I've looked on the net but different views abound. His early years seem to be white washed over.

This isn't a racist request, I just want to know more about this man's early years.

I know about him murdering a man but did not know about the blowing up of a train he was part of.

Mandela is the worlds most loved racist murderer and the people he killed were not racist (not that this gives you the right to kill anyway)