Ogre & Biscuit Eater hope U R OK.

Alloneword

Im in Hartlepool in an area called the Headland and we are cut off.

There is only 1 road in and out and its under about 6 foot of water.

The waves here ( I can see them from my bedroom window) are about 20 foot high and coming over all the roads, through houses and gardens and then settling across the main road.

My wife had to abandon her car and wade through the water with help in order to get home.

Hopefully it will start to run off soon now we have got over high tide and I will keep you informed.

On another note I also hope Ogre & Biscuit Eater are ok

Just heard on the local news that high tide in the morning is at 4:45 and is going to be 1/2 metre higher than tonights not sounding good at all.

I will let you know

Thanks for your concern mate

West Norfolk (where I live) at 7 o clock last night - they weren't so lucky in 1953.

https://www.facebook.com/HunstantonShoppingbytheSea

It was due to reach Gt Yarmouth (where Ogre lives) around 10 - 10.30

A friend of mine, 12 miles up the coast, at Brancaster Staithe was flooded (living room ankle deep in sea water) but they live right on the edge of the salt marsh, so basically it will only have affected low lying areas

Edit: friend's ground floor waist deep - poor sods!

Hi folks = flooding was pretty bad round here. We had to abandon our dress rehearsal for our Christmas show. Went to the high street at 9pm to see the water creeping up it. In the end the local weatherspoons in Lowestoft was waist deep.

I live in Beccles about 10 miles inland and we were ok but a good friends house near the coast was 4ft under water - she is now in a hotel and then her insurance company have said rented accommodation for 6 months whilst her house is sorted out.