Looking for new permant email address

Alloneword

Well i have been putting it off for years as i always hoped Tesco would hold onto their BB/email service but now it's been solt to TalkTalk for 148 billion clubcard points i'm sure TT in their wisdom will make me dump my much loved email address

myapartment@well you can work out the rest

So i'm now on the search for another provider who provides a pop3 service that i can use with my old email client which is Thunderbird 5.0, I have to use old version as that is the last one my AV support, so folks what's the deal and who do you suggest?

I have the usual yahoo/web based accounts but i do like the idea of having total controil of my email rather then trusting the cloud, i don't need anything special (ie myapartment@alloneword.co.uk) just something i can pick the first bit and the second bit will not change, after all i have had my current email for 16 years and don't want to move it again as it's a major pain in the rear for me.

Happy to pay something sensabile (bear in mind i'm half Scottish and i do want a good deal) given i just want email account i can't think it's that hard vut i have no idea where to look, but my main concern is not having to chnage it for as long as poss.

All1

I'm trying to find a permant fix for this that is why i was looking at paying for something, I was toying with the idea of paying for yahoo but who to say google wont gobble them up or something, i'll touch base with 1&1 and see what they suggest, i'll bung them an email now.

All1

Yahoo are the WORSE!! Seriously!! I am with Sky, they used to use Google foe their email and to be fair the service was superb, 18 months ago Sky changed to Yahoo, worse thing they have ever done, nothing but spam spam spam now and I mean daily! Have a look on the Sky forums under mail and you will see no end of issues regarding Yahoo. I was even hacked last week and had to change my password and security questions.

Sorry Jamer but AOL are the WORSE for spam

Yahoo was my first e-mail provider way before BT got there hands on tham

If you know how to use yahoo you will never get a lot of spam 1996-2015 in 19 years of using yahoo

I can say I've had less than 100 spam in my inbox

(and about the same amount of real e-mail have ended up in my spam folder)

When you set up yahoo e-mail you setup a master address (this is the one you sign in to)

you never give this one out to anybody (it's just for you to know about and for you to use to sign in on)

from inside this e-mail address you then setup a sub e-mail address this is the one

you then give out to family/friends and coworkers (It's very hard to hack this as the is no password to hack)

you then setup the disposable e-mail inside the master you will have 500 e-mail address's to use for giving out over the web

Here is a youtube video showing you what I'm saying

Sorry Jamer but AOL are the WORSE for spam

Yahoo was my first e-mail provider way before BT got there hands on tham

If you know how to use yahoo you will never get a lot of spam 1996-2015 in 19 years of using yahoo

I can say I've had less than 100 spam in my inbox

(and about the same amount of real e-mail have ended up in my spam folder)

When you set up yahoo e-mail you setup a master address (this is the one you sign in to)

you never give this one out to anybody (it's just for you to know about and for you to use to sign in on)

from inside this e-mail address you then setup a sub e-mail address this is the one

you then give out to family/friends and coworkers (It's very hard to hack this as the is no password to hack)

you then setup the disposable e-mail inside the master you will have 500 e-mail address's to use for giving out over the web

Here is a youtube video showing you what I'm saying

Thanks but been using Yahoo now for a while since Sky changed to their crap service! My email is also on my business cards so cannot change it now, so while I appreciate your guide on how to avoid spam it is far too much effort in my opinion to avoid something you should not be getting in the first place.