Got any savings? Thought sh1T u can't have it

Alloneword

I have had it a few times both with my business account and personal account

it's not that they don't have your money - it's to do with money laundering......and directly connected to terrorism.

If I need to transfer or take out a big lump - I am informed that the inland revenue will be told of this transaction and it will be logged with them.

Not to be racist but certain members of our society send money that has never seen a bank (cash) abroad for whatever reason

But as usual - honest people feel the brunt.

But i'm sure that goes back to early 2000's I must admit i don't often have the need for 10k in cash but sometimes cash is still king in some situations, so anything of 7k i need to explain to some little git behind a glass screen, after all who's money is it?

I'm glad i don't have pots of money any more, i would not know where to shove it. i don't trust the "reasons" behind it personally, it is a nice way to keep the great unwashed under control even more.

All1

I absolutely agree. Banks are sneaky f3cks.

years ago I inherited a large sum and opened a high interest savings account with the Yorkshire Bank and put the lot in the new account.

I didn't touch it or use it for years..........then one day I needed the money.

I had an unused cheque book for the account and took that to the bank.

They said the account did not exist!!!  it was not on any of their computers or any old ledgers.

It was lucky I still had the cheque-book as proof.

After weeks they told me they had found it and told me the account had been marked as 'dormant'

Dormant must mean taken off all records so that if I died or forgot about it no one else would be able to get at it or know of it.

They must have thousands and thousands of these accounts that go dormant for whatever reason....and no one ever gets to draw on them.