Anyone have FTTP?

Alloneword

Long story short, i have been in contact with someone in OpenReach (OR) and have had site survey done and been told i can have FTTP by the end of Dec this year, which i thought was great news however i have now been looking at ISP deals and it seems there is only a handfull of ISP's that offer a FTTP product, so does anyone have FTTP a home? If so what ISP & deal do you have?

All I want is unlimted downloads..

All1

Most get FTTC which is fibre to the cabinet then copper wire to your home FTTP is fibre straight from the exchange into your home supposed to be much faster as no copper is used but also fewer ISP touch it, and for that reason price seems to be a wee bit expensive

All1

I was looking into this some years ago and the cost was to high.

So I went on BT FTTC @ 55/10 (55mb down / 10mb up)

If your going after real FTTP the upload and download speed are the same 100mb/100mb 0r 1gb/1gb and anywhere in between.

You don't need faster then 1gb as most of the internet delivery protocols are not that fast (older versions of firefox max out at 300mb when you download over it)

this was the one i was looking at.

https://www.hyperoptic.com/

Yea this has been a nightmare for me for years, where i live in London's Docklands means most of us round here are on Exchange Only (EO) lines which means copper goes from out home direct into the exchange itself and our best speed has been about 4mbits, I took the bull by th horns about a year ago and invested in some new hardware that would allow me to hook up to a 4G based ISP called Relish.net which can give me speeds of 30mbits during early hours of the day but normally about 10mbit, all fine you might say, but no we now have a major develoment work going on which means a 11 story block of flats will be going up bang in my way of the cell site and hitting my speed for six as i will lose line of sight, no green cabinets round our way so FTTC is out, the block of flats next to me have hyperoptic and thier 1GB service but will not do our block as my landlord said they could not put there kit in our flats so that route is out for now however if we can get 5 more people they will supply us but i have already done the round and can't get anyone else to sign up.

So i'm well and truly fooked....

However I have been very lucky and been able to get in touch with someone very high up within OpenReach (OR) and put case to them and after doing a site survey they have agreed that FTTP is an option for me and they will do it for me and it should be live by mid Dec and then we come to the problem of an ISP, I cannot see the point is have this speed and having a download limit put on me so all i will want is unlimited downloads and i'd be happy with 50mbit and given so few ISP's offer this option the price is not cheap.

I'm guessing i might have to have FTTP installed and wait till i get the offer of a good deal.

All1

I'm not a great fan of Virgin with their 3 monthly price hikes and very expensive channels - but their fibre optic internet speeds are fantastic.

I have their basic 100MB and it never drops anytime of the day. d/l speed always says something like 107MB (upload is 10MB)