JamersPad For Sale

Jamer

Hi guys,

Sadly, I cannot keep pumping money into the website any longer with the lack of contributors. I set up JamersPad back in 1997 so yes believe it or not we have been here for 22 years! 

website4sale.jpg

I have met some fantastic friends along the way but it is time to hand  it all over to someone with some fresh ideas.

I am not looking for thousands but looking for a sensible offer which includes the domain, I will transfer the forum licence over and include a few themes that I bought along the way.

I will keep our Facebook page alive so that we all have a place where we can meet. You can still find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc..

Just received another invoice for a further six months hosting and don't really want to pay again (£70)... Please feel free to drop me a PM or reply here if you are interested.

1 hour ago, Sir Zorro said:

Sad news indeed. Always been my first stop when I turn my computer on.

Any way to fund it from ads?

At one time, but we are not getting the numbers at the moment. To be honest £250 per year would cover it all it is just difficult for me to keep justifying paying out, I also run two other sites, one is my daughters (singer) and the other is a local website more of a community website.

Jamerspad has been amazing and what an adventure.  Met new friends here, learned so much and managed to save quite a lot on movies and software with recommendations of where to get things cheaper ?

Like you Jamer I have also run sites that now are not visited and have closed them.

Its such a shame however facebook still has a legacy of Jamerspad and it hopefully can go someway to fill this huge void.

Jamer - also thanks for your hard work over the years and all the mods etc

• Like 1

Jamer, I'm far from a lover of FB and avoid it as much as i can, so if this place is going how do you feel if someone started a thread to find out if others on here use another site so we can all (who want to) stay together in some way, maybe a post not in a public forum, what are your and other members houghts on doing this? I'm just trying to keep some of us in a single place for those who want to avoid FB.

All1

I'm surprised you haven't closed a long time back jamer. 

It must be painful to keep coughing up and seeing so few posters or visitors.

As I've said before, I've been here from almost the beginning under different names as I was banned a couple of times. (That troy fella really didn't like me)

And lol, alloneword called me a C**t a couple of times hehe (probably deserved as I was being one)

But in the beginning it was a great place to get software etc that was hard to find. and ironically, it's getting hard to find again with all the ISP's blocking everything.

Even IPTV is going down the pan at the moment. Did you read about the big raid in all the european countries.

They got to the main hub, confiscated all the equipment and 55 million illegal subscribers lost their connection.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2019 at 22:47, Alloneword said:

Jamer, I'm far from a lover of FB and avoid it as much as i can, so if this place is going how do you feel if someone started a thread to find out if others on here use another site so we can all (who want to) stay together in some way, maybe a post not in a public forum, what are your and other members houghts on doing this? I'm just trying to keep some of us in a single place for those who want to avoid FB.

All1

Absolutely fine with an alternative forum or group somewhere, no problems because I really want to keep in touch with all our friends here. I will have a look around and see if I can fine free hosting somewhere.

9 hours ago, Rother said:

I'm surprised you haven't closed a long time back jamer. 

It must be painful to keep coughing up and seeing so few posters or visitors.

As I've said before, I've been here from almost the beginning under different names as I was banned a couple of times. (That troy fella really didn't like me)

And lol, alloneword called me a C**t a couple of times hehe (probably deserved as I was being one)

But in the beginning it was a great place to get software etc that was hard to find. and ironically, it's getting hard to find again with all the ISP's blocking everything.

Even IPTV is going down the pan at the moment. Did you read about the big raid in all the european countries.

They got to the main hub, confiscated all the equipment and 55 million illegal subscribers lost their connection.

Yes, read all about it.

12 hours ago, Rother said:

What do you expect i'm half Scottish, diplomacy is a disgusting word.

As for ISP just get a simple little VPN, never used them up untill a few months ago and works like a charm, i can often be found at midnight onwards watching Aussie TV, for your info i use Express VPN but they a bit pricey

Edited by Alloneword

2 hours ago, Jamer said:

it would help if you all keep you're existing usernames.

Dare i say it would also help if people popped in now and then to see what's going on and made a few posts or replies, otherwise new place will die a death if only half a dozen poor souls visit.

All1

Soz if i speak out of line

On 01/10/2019 at 23:27, Alloneword said:

Dare i say it would also help if people popped in now and then to see what's going on and made a few posts or replies, otherwise new place will die a death if only half a dozen poor souls visit.

All1

Soz if i speak out of line

I agree, lets see if we can get it back to being busy again! 

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

see my post here, could not access when in Croatia for some reason, seems a shame to loose years of content

Hi Gazza, Not sure why you could not access from Croatia..hopefully we can keep this website going for the next 6 months.

• 4 months later...

To be honest Jamer....most popular forum websites are dying on their feet.

I have been a member of quite a few, one in particular that was for up and coming writers and comedians.

They had some famous people contribute regularly and a few members went on to be professional writers and TV stars with guidance from the regulars

Every day it used to say something like 200 new posts.

Hell, even I sold some material through them to some TV celebrities.

Not sure I mentioned it before, but one of my gags was even told on the Royal Variety show and Charles and Camilla laughed at it (my proudest moment lol)

But now the bush weed rolls through that forum.

It's absolutely to do with the popularity of Twitter, FB, instagram and all the other posting platforms.

The death knell for forums I'm afraid.

Been great knowing you Colin and all the members. Used to be such fun on here ... and very helpful at times.

As they say in Yorkshire 'Save thi brass lad'

I shall call in a few times before I get the 'site not found' message.

Footnote: I hate to ask...but any news on Alloneword's situation?

Cheers

Rother AKA Keith

Its a sad time we knew would come.  As Rother said things like Facebook have killed off forums.  The dvd forums used have thousands of members but posts are few and far.   Nothing lasts forever and facebook will one day be replaced.

How long we got Jamer to the end?   I agree you can't keep throwing money and time at this.   Will the facebook group continue - be good to catch up in there.

I learned so much from these forums and saved a lot ? of cash