Offer of emplyment all lies

Mr Dead

October 2010 I was approached by Mr Andrews who told me about some jobs working at Access BDD where he worked as a CAD operative he sent me application forms via email which I in turn printed out and returned to him to submit for me as he requested. 9th December 2010 I received a letter from Mr Andrews informing me I had a interview for stores supervisor vacancy my interview was to be held 17th December I was so excited as I had been out of work since losing my job in April 2010. I prepared myself for the interview learning everything i could about the company and brushing up on Microsoft excel which he had told me I would be using in the stores. 16th December I was given a letter once again by Mr Andrews informing me the interview for the following day had been postponed due to weather conditions and as it had been snowing hard for few days I took his word for it the letter informed me the interview was postponed until 7th January 2011 both letters where as far as I was aware from the company and signed. Mr Andrews informed me the job had come about because the company which was responsible for the storage and dispatch of the stairlifts which the company made were to be sacked due to losing thousands of pounds worth of product due to bad management and shipping and Access had decided to handle it all themselves bringing it all to the warehouse they had purchased next door to their current building and this is where I would be working. The interview date approached and once again I prepared myself for the interview, Once again couple of days prior to the interview which was on 7th January Mr Andrews approached me this time saying all hell had broke lose at work one of the managers had been discovered taking back hander from the company who was responsible for the storage and distribution he had apparently been getting paid to keep it quiet about them losing all the stuff they had apparently lost and because of this my interview was once again cancelled but this time no alternative was given he said they where going to investigate the whole thing. As can be expected I was not happy but Mr Andrews once again assured me that the interview was purely a formality anyways as I was the only applicant as the company wanted to save time and money and as he was recommending me to them for the job the job was pretty much mine. I waited to hear once again as to when interview was going to be but Mr Andrews kept saying due to the manager being investigated their was a delay. Eventually Mr Andrews told me the news I wanted to hear things where back in motion in fact due to the delays and the company being desperate now to start someone they had offered me the job without a interview but I would have to be on a couple of months probation he said. I was presented with a letter offering me employment 26th January this letter was signed by a director of the company Mr Andrews told me once again I did not suspect anything due to the convincing lies told to me by Mr Andrews the offer of employment was to commence work 2nd February 2011 I was over the moon. Mr Andrews approached me once again the night prior to my commencement date and told me their was a delay in my start date due to auditors from head office wanting to go threw the whole company and see what exactly had been going on what within the company while the now sacked manager was in charge as I say all seemed so plausible and I had no reason to not believe him. I explained to Mr Andrews I had signed off the dole he told me that’s fine he had been told that it’s the company delaying my start date so they would pay me from the 2nd as the offer of employment had said. Mr Andrews even told me to see about getting working tax credits which would see me over till pay day end of the month this I did and was relived as I was worried what I would do with out money till end of the month. The next week Mr Andrews gave me a new starter induction program the form stated all the people I would be meeting with the day I started which he said which was written on the form March 3rd. I must admit I was slightly concerned it was going to be so long till I started he said not to worry same thing had happened to him it was 6 weeks he said till he actually start after receiving offer of employment he got paid with no problems. I actually phoned the company and spoke to Mrs Emma Thornhill and explained the situation she said she would check with Mr Andrews and get back to me 10 minutes later Mr Andrews rang me back and told me due to her being part time after just coming back from maternity leave she was out of the loop and someone in head office was actually dealing with my employment once again I went along with it as I had no reason not to as Mr Andrews was a neighbour and I had known him at least 10 years. Later that week Mr Andrews presented me with 2 T-shirts with company logo and told me he had been given them to give to me for when I started. Pay day arrived but no money went into my bank account I contacted Mr Andrews and he looked into it then contacted me and told me it was a over sight the managing director was going to look into it it might take a few days to sort out as the MD was having to go to France on business trip and because of this unscheduled trip to France I was not’t to start till 7th March. I once again was slightly concerned so contacted Mrs Emma Thornhill again and was told she was unaware of the situation once again and would speak to Mr Andrews I told her about the letters but she said she wasn’t familiar with what was going on I was worried about this but within a few minutes of speaking to her Mr Andrews rang me and said she had spoke to him and as he explained before she was not aware of it because head office was dealing with my employment and once again I fell for it. The weekend came and Mr Andrews told me I was to start the Tuesday because the MD wanted to go threw some paper work with me when I started Monday 7th March came I decided I was going to find out what was going on I rang up and requested to speak to the MD I told him everything that had happened and he then told me that their was no job as Mr Andrews had told me and that he new nothing about any of it I was devastated to discover it had all been lies everything he had told me over the last few months was lies the company dealing with storage and shipping was never under any investigation the manager Mr Andrews told me involved in back hander was fiction along with the letters I had been given by him, I can’t believe I fell for it all and feel such a fool but everything he told me was so convincing and every time I got worried he came up with the right answers.

First thing, go to the dole office and get signed back on immediately.

Next, write to this idiot at his work address (do not phone) and tell him that you hold him personally responsible for your loss of income, that you want it paid to you in full within 7 days, if he does not you will take legal action to recover it plus costs, and that your claim will include an application for compensation.

See what happens from there.

Mr. Dead,

First off, I want to say how badly I feel for you. Mr. Andrews must be a real asshole. I agree with the advice to get back on the dole ASAP and also to seek compensation if it is at all possible to get it.

I strongly agree with Ronnie's suggestion to write in paragraphs as your story was very hard to read. I realize that you were probably writing out of frustration and anger, but remember that anything you write can be seen by people that maybe you didn't intend to see it.

Finally, I suggest that you pay particular attention to your spelling as there are many errors in your writing.

I want to wish you the best in finding true employment and hope that when you do find it, it will be what you want to do for the rest of your working life.

I was presented with a letter offering me employment 26th January this letter was signed by a director of the company

the offer of employment was to commence work 2nd February 2011

I rang up and requested to speak to the MD I told him everything that had happened and he then told me that their was no job as Mr Andrews had told me and that he new nothing about any of it

Acas might be of help with this m8

As you have a letter offering you employment with a start date signed by a company director this could well be considered as a legal binding employment contract, also just because the MD had never heard of any of it this still does not mean the vacancy never existed, either way you should insist that Mr Andrews actions are fully investigated and I should think you would definitely be entitled to compensation and maybe even the Job originally offered, like I said Try Acas also the Job centre should follow up this non existent job vacancy especially if it was ever advertised through them although you say you were approached by Andrews

Either way this Mr Andrews should be SACKED for what he has put you through

Good luck m8 I hope you take them to the cleaners over this!

and I hope you find work soon, and with a better company than these shisters :Thumbs_Up1:

Thanks folks for your feedback i did as you mentioned write this out of frustration and anger as you can guess i'm well PO as i mentioned in my post the letter of employment as far as i know was signed by director of the company but i didn't realise i hadn't made it clear that Mr Andrews actually signed it not a director as i thought. Any ways i have now discovered that he has been sacked from the company and from what i have learnt he is now under a doctor for what i have been told is self-destructive disorder. I have got back on the dole BTW i went in last week and was lucky to get straight back on the register. I'm not sure weather or not to take any further action against Mr Andrews as i don't think I'll get any where.