Air con advice needed

Alloneword

OK as it stands now I have 2 air con units, both are 8,000BTU but they seem to work in a different way, both have hoses that go to the outside, however one (this was the first one I bought) works by filling up a small water tank in the unit and every now and then it will bleep telling you the tank is full and needs emptying, this one is much better then the second one I bought.

The second one works by a different system where the is no tank to empty (fook knows where the water goes), the air that comes out is cool (unlike the first one where it's air is cold when it comes out), I want to buy another one (then sell the old 2nd unit) however I want the new one to be just as good as the first unit I bough i.e.; has water tank that needs emptying.

I know there are different types, my 2 plus ones that use ice packs but they don't interest me I want the same as the 1st one, does anyone know how I can make sure I get the right one, I feel i may need someone with some serious tech info here, no point in asking B&Q etc they have trouble working out what day of the week it is.

I have an air con unit, funny enough I bought it last year from B & Q, hose out the window and it works just fine, no need to empty water or anything.

Yea but it seems there are differnt kinds that in my experience work in various way and give different results, i find the kind that has a water tank works best, however i have no idea what they are called and how to ID them when there on web sites etc, some mentions water tanks then talk about filling with ice, as i say i think i need some real tech info i may just give up and ring a few air con dealers and see what they say.

All1

The ones with a water tank are just to take the "melt water" from the condenser element, if the blurb mentions filling it with ice . . . RUN AWAY !!

Simple description: The air is blown through a condenser element to cool it. This also removes any moisture from the air so the condenser element becomes coated with a thin layer of ice as it cools down. The ice has to be cleared regularly or the air flow through it will be severely restricted, so the machine automatically alters the coolant flow periodically and heats up the condenser slightly, melting the ice.

The "melt water" is either collected in a bucket or tank, or flows away through a hose.

Jesus no wonder UK is going to pot 3 email sent and not single reply do they not want my money, cheers DJ i was going to give ice jobby a wide birth, will be making some more calls on it on Friday so hopefully i'll get some more idea then, or maybe i should save my money and move to iceland, fook that.....

All1