Soldering advice needed

Alloneword

I'm looking for some decent soldering advice.

I have a simple 50w soldering station with a spade tip, the station is getting old and looking to buy another one off ebay or something, should i buy a simple 50w station or go for something that is temputure controlled?

Here is my current one

p8201625.th.jpg

In an ideal world i'l like to be able to swap tips from a spade tip to a needle point tip for smaller work, I don't do much soldering nowadays, but my work involves simple soldering of wires/general use as well as sometimes having to work on smaller jobs like PCB's, hence my need for needle tip.

Also looking at the image below you can see where someone has done some previous work and left a load of brown stuff behind (I think it used to be called "flux" but not 100% sure) what's the best way to remove that to make the job look cleaner, for removing old solder i use a pump or on smaller jobs braid.

p8201628.th.jpg

Your thoughts are most welcome.

All1

That one is old mate.

I have two soldering Kits from the days my oldman did DJing one is a GAS Iron

And one is the GUN KIT

You can not beat that gas Iron for the soldering of wires. The gun kit got used for soldering fuses in the powered speakers.

As for a soldering station I don't know alot about them but I've seen a Black & Decker one going for £20

And a 40 Watt temputure controlled Soldering Station going for £20 too (you will see this one up at £12 but it's about £7 for PnP.

I know that for the soldering of PCB's and chips the Antex CS18 Soldering Iron 240V 18W is the best I had one for chipping the PSone back in the day

You can find all the soldering kits on Google product search or Amazon mate.