Higgins...very sad!

sparks

Those of us who can remember the Hurricane (and maybe enjoyed his anti-establishment behaviour) will be saddened by his present condition...

article-0-09A5A268000005DC-573_468x788.jpg

article-0-09A59BF0000005DC-831_468x347.jpg

Ailing snooker legend Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins looked a shadow of his former self as he attended a charity fund-raiser in his honour yesterday.

The 61-year-old, who won snooker's world title in 1972 and 1982, is has been been living on baby food after losing his teeth from radiotherapy while battling throat cancer.

Stars from the sport including Jimmy White, 47, John Virgo, 63, and Tony Knowles, 54, joined a frail Higgins at a restaurant to raise £20,000 to pay for crucial surgery.

Yes indeed very sad, not his greatest fan (prefer the nugget & the whirlwind) I read this yesterday and according to Sky news it has a lot to do with his teeth or lack of as the case may be, i don't know for sure what the problems are (i'm sure ooze don't help) but from whatever view you look at this is very sad, who knows in a few years time Gazza may be in the same boat, needing people's help and where are his friends then, in Higgins case it's only 20k and to some of the stars on the circuit that is nothing in fact it's loose change.

• 2 months later...

Very sad indeed far from an angel (but who ain't?) but I will always remember him for winning the world title and crying asking fir his kid to be onto him, very sad, not been good what with this news and "Deadliest Catch" showing Capt Phil funeral been a sh1t day for this kind of thing.

All1