Driving License abroad?

Jamer

I am going on holiday tomorrow, and I have hired a car the other end. I have the plastic bit of my license with my address and photo on but i cannot find the paper part, will that be ok? anyone driven abroad recently?

I think it depends where you are going as to whether they want to see it or how strict they are i once got a car in lanzarote without showing a licence .

if you have your passport with you they might validate it using that but why not give them a ring to see if they will take just the photo part of your licence.

In theory you do need to take both card and paper bit, as the latter holds the offences section.

Where are you going? I've never been asked for it (so far) in Germany, Sweden and Iceland.

Lanzarote mate, I only can find the plastic part but talking to people thats all I need I think

Lanzarote mate, I only can find the plastic part but talking to people thats all I need I think

One link of many.

Link

As I say, you should be ok, but it is a requirement in theory..

A valid full driving licence with paper counterpart if you have a photocard.

Have a good trip anyway...