Anyone renewed there car insurance

densh1

My daughter has just had her renewal through the post,Its gone from £250 to £600 she was told all the insurance companys have put there prices up because of the enormous amount of claims from these no win no fee companys.

Anyone else found this she has checked the comparison sites and same there all up massively up.Before anyone asks no she has not had any bumps or claims herself.

Insurance companys equals greedy bastards.

Thankfully i don't drive myself but that's a hell of a increase if i was you m8 forget the comparison sites yes they are good but try dealing directly with the firms they can sometimes do better deals. And alot of firms don't use the comparison sites so you might find one not on there.

No direct help to you densh1 but when you have a quote you/kid likes then check out quidco.com and topcashback.co.uk as these will give you cashbash if you go via there link, i use it all the time for various bits and bobs and save a fair few quid, some months you get just a few quid back and others it can be hundreds (depends on what you buy) as i say no direct help but may recoup some of the cost.

All1

Never ever ever go for a renewal quote...They play on the fact that many can't be bothered to shop around.

We usually pay about £180 fully comp, and every year we get a renewal for about £400...So just cancel, and go online - and we often find the one we end up with is the same company, and for the last 4 years we have paid the same premium with the AA...

They're all at it, and it's a con...And that's all insurance renewals too... just had the AA membership one through...quote £141 - amount paid £72 !

Funnily enough I've just done it also with clarks shoes for the kids...."but it was £5 less last year, so I'll just go to brantanos" usually does the trick!