100W Bayonet Cap Pearl

Alloneword

OK I know I'm not going mad but I'm sure i remember reading these things

LAGLS15BC.JPG

were going to be banned (ain't the UK great) I don't see them in supermarket anymore and want a few, I know i can get them on ebay but any chain stores still do em, B&Q etc.

I have this low energy stuff for most rooms but want these type for bathroom and hallway.

Oh and did those donkeys in New Labour bring this gold nugget of legal stuff in or was it the donkeys in the EU?

All1

They were banned earlier this year squire, or was it late last year ??

Anyway, they are now illegal to sell in any shop, and it wasn't a UK ruling, it was the EUSSR.

You should still be able to get clear 100W bulbs, but they, along with 60W pearls, will soon be doing a similar disappearing trick, closely followed by nearly ALL incandescent lamps within the next few years or so.

The great EU :Furious:

I don't like the clear one much at all do you know what i mean by the white ones, do you know what they are called (please don't tell me there white), I was looking at ebay number 250488545112, are they allowed to be sold via email?

Looks like i may have to buy a few to keep me going.

All1

Apparently they're not allowed to be sold at all, but a few people are ignoring/bending the rules and selling them on ebay and the likes.

There's no law to stop you importing them from outside the EU, but there's going to be hefty taxes on them if intercepted by HMRC in a couple of years.

The white bulbs are called "Pearl", so you need 100W Pearl lamps/bulbs

I'm not against the energy saving ones in principle...in fact our leccy bill has gone down quite a bit since fitting them around the house.

But I agree that there are certain areas which need the 'old ones' - and round here the discount stores and corner shops still stock them, as do the markets. And still 4 for a quid !

They are also on Amazon (and cheaper), so I guess internet sales are still not banned...for now Link

btw, can anyone beat this.

We took an outside light (which had been at parents house for 10 years) when we moved to our first place. It then followed us to our present abode. Used daily (on a 'dusk 'til dawn') and the same 100w bulb is still working. Tried working out how many hours it's clocked up, but 30 years of operation gives a figure large enough for a headache !

Cheers Sparks I'll check some of our pound shops, as i say I'm happy to use the new low power one in bedroom, living room etc but sometimes you need the instant light and hence the old ones work best, if i get no luck in pound shop I'll get the amazon one and stock up on a few boxes, I have one in hallway that's been there for about 12 years and i thought that was doing well, looks like i was wrong.

All1

We took an outside light (which had been at parents house for 10 years) when we moved to our first place. It then followed us to our present abode. Used daily (on a 'dusk 'til dawn') and the same 100w bulb is still working. Tried working out how many hours it's clocked up, but 30 years of operation gives a figure large enough for a headache !

At an average of 9 hours a day, that's over 98 THOUSAND hours !! . . . bloody hell :Surprise:

Just watch, it'll "pop" tomorrow now you've been "bragging" about it :Laugh:

At an average of 9 hours a day, that's over 98 THOUSAND hours !! . . . bloody hell :Surprise:

Did you know though, since the UK voltage was harmonised DOWNWARDS into line with the EU, older lamps (from the pre harmonisation days) do last a hell of a lot longer.

Did you know though, since the UK voltage was harmonised DOWNWARDS into line with the EU, older lamps (from the pre harmonisation days) do last a hell of a lot longer.

I'll keep you posted...

'spark's daily bulb check'!... :Laugh:

mind you, I've got some way to go... Link

This Is what you need to look for now mate

http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs-Tubes/Halogen-Light-Bulbs

Just remember that 40-45w will = 60w and 70-80w = 100w (Halogen to incandescent)