The Grim Reaper came calling

djweeble

Lost me mam last night to the big C, definately caused by years of smoking, even after medical advice to stop or it would kill her.

She went peacfully in her sleep in hospital at 3:30 this morning, where's she's been high on Morphine for a while (unbeknown to me, as no-one informed me till yesterday afternoon).

She's been slowly deteriorating for 10 years, and the last 5 she's been dragging an oxygen bottle everywhere, it may sound heartless, but in a way it's a relief to see her finaly go, she's suffered quite a bit the last few years, even though she did eventually stop.

Ironicaly, she's been outlived by my Grandad, her dad, who chain smoked for about 50 years, and gave up on the spot about 25 years ago when he was told the same.

RIP Mam, I'll be downing a few for you tonight.

:Cry:

DJ man I'm so sorry to hear this news

I lost my own ma a few years ago so i can sympathize with you, I ain't got no time for religion mumbo jumbo, but one thing that helped me with my ma was I have always believed in some kind of after life I don't know if i mean heaven or any sh1t like that, just there is a better place then down here, and knowing (believing) that she was in a better place and pain free helps me even to this day.

My thoughts are with you DJ at this crap time, look after yourself m8 and if there is anything I can do don't be afraid to ask, i'll help where ever i can.

All1

DJW,

So sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I lost my mom to cancer 40 years ago. She weighed 49 pounds when she died. I miss her everyday, but at least her suffering is at an end. I will remember you and your family in my prayers. God Bless and be strong.

Lost me mam last night to the big C, definately caused by years of smoking, even after medical advice to stop or it would kill her.

She went peacfully in her sleep in hospital at 3:30 this morning, where's she's been high on Morphine for a while (unbeknown to me, as no-one informed me till yesterday afternoon).

She's been slowly deteriorating for 10 years, and the last 5 she's been dragging an oxygen bottle everywhere, it may sound heartless, but in a way it's a relief to see her finaly go, she's suffered quite a bit the last few years, even though she did eventually stop.

Ironicaly, she's been outlived by my Grandad, her dad, who chain smoked for about 50 years, and gave up on the spot about 25 years ago when he was told the same.

RIP Mam, I'll be downing a few for you tonight.

:Cry:

So sorry to hear about your sad loss mate

I lost my mother and father to cancer a few years ago and I have it myself

If you need anyone to talk to when the going gets tough I am sure that myslef and the rest of the Members here will be all ears and offer their help

Best of luck mate in this sad time

DJW,

So sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I lost my mom to cancer 40 years ago. She weighed 49 pounds when she died. I miss her everyday, but at least her suffering is at an end. I will remember you and your family in my prayers. God Bless and be strong.

Thats the irony of it all heavy

Mum didn't loose any weight at all in fact she put it on toward the end!

Whats really upset me and made me angry at the same time about mum leaving us fri is the fact that both my mum and my sister knew that mum's cancer was terminal on jan 26th this year and they kept it from the rest of us!

Apparently she was given 6 months to live!

She lived 11 days past her 6 months

She went so fast

Wednesday i was sitting in the hospital laughing and joking with her till tea time

Little did i know that that would be the last time i would ever see mum awake again!

I was the last person she got to speak to