cd burning software

Tecumseh

Hello,

The sheer number of burn-music-to-cd programs, is overwhelming.

How do you know how to choose one that will create good quality?

I want to make cds with really good sound quality, but having like a music studio would just confuse me and be over my head. E.g., i don't know how an ogg file is diff than an mp3 file. I use Winamp to play music on the comp; as for cds i just want to make regular ones that play on anything.

How does it matter which type of codec you rip a file into? Don't know what the diff is between mp3 and mp3 pro (from Nero). AudioGrabber gives me enough rip options to confuse me; sounds like there's an encoder-quality connection, which i don't get. (and if my hd is full of mp3s, is it too late to rip a diff file type?)

The bitrate - quality connection i understand, but that's about as far as my music tech knowledge goes.

Any help or knowledge would really be appreciated.

regards,

Poet

CDex is what i use to rip my CD's to mp3's and as a rule it's very good not to sure if it works in 64bit OS or not but for 32bit OS it's first rate, very little options to play just mainly quality of bitrate but it's simple and does it's job very well, however if once your have ripped to mp3 and are not happy with CDex quality then you need to check out something called "Exact Audio Copy" it is by far the best mp3 ripper you will find, take a track you know very very well and rip it using whatever software you want and I think you'll find EAC does the best job when compressing music files into mp3 format.

If your looking to burn mp3's to CD's that will play in CD player then i used to use winamp to convert to wav files then burn using nero 6.x but to be honest i do away with that now and just use Nero 6.x to convert to audio disc and it works fine, never had any issues.

I never bother with lossless format to be honest (I do grab lossless format and convert to mp3 and for that i use FairStars Audio Converter) it's all well and good going for best quality but ask yourself the question can you honestly tell the differnce between 192kbps mp3's and flac?

Only you can answer that one m8

All1