MP3 buying advice needed...

sparks

Our soon to be 9 yr old's birthday is coming up soon, and she wants an MP3 player.

Everyone's chipping in, so there is a budget of approx £100

Personally I don't like apple products, and have always been a Creative user...But I havn't bought one for some time, and am looking for advice on the latest gizmos, whatever the make.

Preferred additional requirements are:

video/photo playback

expandable memory

touch screen if possible

cheers

Tesco do a nice little Mp4 player for around £50

bought one for my lad last year, plays most things i throw at it even FLAC! and the video playback is quite good and even has a built in radio and games!

Battery is not to bad he can usually get 4 episodes of the simpsons and the volume aint too loud so it wont damage little ears!!

its not touch but for £50 what do you expect!!

Have a look HERE

If you can go as far as £119.99 the is the 32GB ZEN X-Fi Style you can get a 16GB for £89.99 the is a Creative ZEN X-Fi2 8GB 3 inch TouchScreen MP3 and Video Player going for £90 on amazonat the mo

but the best MP3 player at the mo is the Zii egg. Creative call it the ZiiO and at the moment it only comes in a 7" tablet later the will be a 10" 5" and the 3" of this and it will have the full android OS on it.

http://uk.store.creative.com/products/welcome.aspx?catid=948#subcat949

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-X-Fi2-TouchScreen-Video-Player/dp/B002MZYZJI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1295347340&sr=1-3

If Video is not at the top of your list the ZEN MX is a good MP3 player. I have the non MX of this player the "ZEN 32GB" and it's done me good for the past 3 years the newer MX is the same you just need to convert videos 1st.

Ok, so I stayed with the 'devil I know' and got her an X-fi style. Found it for £49 online, and it arrived today.

Not a touchscreen, but so far it's looking and sounding impressive - and the external speaker is surprisingly good!

Thanks for all the advice.