Web based email, who do you use

Alloneword

I have had the horror story of Orange (scumbags) locking my email account, so years worth of emails are now at there hands, So looking at anohter web based email supplier, I have been using Yahoo for years as well as a basic provider but was wondering who do you use (apart form hotmail and google) I'm happy to pay a fee every year but to be honest i don't need anything great just so long as it's quick and has a spell checker.

All1

I have had the horror story of Orange (scumbags) locking my email account, so years worth of emails are now at there hands, So looking at anohter web based email supplier, I have been using Yahoo for years as well as a basic provider but was wondering who do you use (apart form hotmail and google) I'm happy to pay a fee every year but to be honest i don't need anything great just so long as it's quick and has a spell checker.

All1

www.madasafish.com I use and have used forever. In fact thats their new name as mine email is @totalise.co.uk

I still have my gmail (google) account and a Yahoo account.

Both free.

I used to have a hotmail account too.

I rarely used them except to register on the odd forum site <cough>.

Mainly (99.99%) I use my ISP emails through Outlook Express.

With 10 emails plus aliases there is no point today in using anyone else.

My main email is for family and friends, the others are used when buying online including several ebay accounts.

I have had the horror story of Orange (scumbags) locking my email account, so years worth of emails are now at there hands.

Except for the online receipt why keep years of emails? email addresses yes.

Mainly (99.99%) I use my ISP emails through Outlook Express.
Yea that's what i do myself right now but given Win7 (which i'll be moving to soon) comes with no email/newsgroup client then i'm stuffed. Yahoo seems to come out well (like others i hae used the free version for ages) but i'm still looking at a standalone app that will run in win7 (both x32 & 64) that will handle pop3 as well as text based newsgroups as i still use these alot.

All1

Yea that's what i do myself right now but given Win7 (which i'll be moving to soon) comes with no email/newsgroup client then i'm stuffed. Yahoo seems to come out well (like others i hae used the free version for ages) but i'm still looking at a standalone app that will run in win7 (both x32 & 64) that will handle pop3 as well as text based newsgroups as i still use these alot.

I am still using XP as it is still supported.

I did try Win7 for a few hours on my new system and it has an email client built in called Windows Mail or something like that.

You can import your accounts in to it as you would with Outlook and create backups.

Then you can also have Windows Live Mail which I think is replacing Windows Mail.

Microsoft still want to dominate the world, I'm afraid.

When I eventually turn to the dark side (Win7) I might just use Yahoo as I'm with BT anyway.

Why can't they (Microturdsoft) just re-make Windows 95/98 with a 2011 security makeover?

They just make things so complicated with W,X,Y,Z built in when we don't need the extra crap, just a reliable operating system.

Just call it Windows Basic 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Yahoo occasionally and have had an account for absolutely years but I still don't like the way they treat others trying to email their clients including BT. I run a charity website which has its own domain email addresses but because someone else on the server has send too many emails all mine are banned as well. Not very good when you need to contact members.I've had a blazing row with them but they won't shift. Its "get a new IP" as their sole response.Not very helpful.

I also use Google and GMX but if you want to use an email client and not a microshit one then Thunderbird works just the same as Outlook etc and will work on 7.

One and one offer a good email service

Unique and Personal E-mail Packages

* 5 dedicated POP3/IMAP e-mail accounts to create your.name@yourdomain.co.uk

* Send & receive E-mail from any Internet connected computer with 1&1 Webmail 2.0

Only £0.69/month*