Haiti

Computerdummy

Hello everyone,

For those of you who know me I just want to let everyone know that I am leaving tomorow for another tour of duty in Haiti. These people need us, and I will do my best to help them. I hope that I can finally make a differance in this country.

Love you all and I will check on you guys from time to time providing I have internet conection.

CD

CD,

Glad to hear that you are willing to give of your time and talents to help those suffering in Haiti. I will pray that your trip will be successful and that God will protect you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Here is a few news from me.

It's been a few weeks in this shit hole and as I saw in the news it is as bad as they say it is. What a total desolation in Haiti. ne year later and these people are still living in misery. Most of the people still have no houses to live in let alone food on their table. Man these people have it bad. I was one of the lucky few from my group who did not get to remain in Port au Prince. I went up north to a small town called Port de Paix and there altough almost untouched by the earthquake of last year is still bad.This is a small little fishing village of about 200,000 peoples. trhey realy have nothing out here. I was fortunate to find myself with a few Canadian collegue from my previous mission and that made the adaptation that much easier. I wish I could post some image on this site but I can't, and uploading to another site is just not an option from here. Internet is still iffy at the best of time and I was lucky to get on this eveneing for a few minutes. I know my Jamers Pad familly is thinking of me.

Cheers.

CD