So, what about planet X?

2ndLoser

I posted this in this section because the approach of a large celestial body into our solar system and its possible repercussions seems to be a subject not for discussion by authorities globally! I listened to an Andrew Marr radio program loosely based on this topic a couple of months ago and the reason for the silence of the scientific community was that it didn't want to alarm the public concerning an event which may not even cause damage to this planet, this was, of course, before the devastating earth quake and resulting tsunami in Japan.

Planet X's solar orbit is 3,600 years; it's assumed that it orbits another sun at the furthest part of its elliptical orbit which suggests that the earth is part of a binary system but this is speculation.

It will pass between earth and mars and will be visible in the night sky mid to late summer this year - you can't miss it - it's 4 to 6 times the size of our planet

It has completed this orbit over one million times and hasn't always caused cataclysmic damage to the earth

Working on a 3,600 year timescale events on earth which may have been attributed to its passing are two ice ages and a biblical flood! China did well out of the flood btw because the tide went out an never came back so they gained 200 miles of land!

Mars doesn't appear to have faired so well from Planet X's orbit - it's (axis) polar caps appear to have shifted many times

Events that have been noted recently if you can believe (IRAS) NASA (Never A Straight Answer) is that Jupiter's orbit has begun to "wobble" - Big f*cking deal!

So, we're not being told anything so all we can fall back on are Sumerian myths (they called Planet X "Nibiru") and the fact that the Mayan calendar stops at 2012. That doesn't mean the end of the world, just the end of their world, so South America may not be there after 2012... Nostradamus predicted that "the tin isles of st George" would be flooded so that's Cornwall f*cked! Plus there's always the cryptic / confusing book of revelations which describe the whore of Babylon - known to the Sumerians as Ishtar/Innana and guess where she was from - Nibiru!

I give in

Why are we always treated like children and when are we going to be warned - when another planet larger than the moon appears in the sky?

Meanwhile here's some doomsday bullsh!t:

And some more diss/ information:

http://www.universetoday.com/14486/2012-no-planet-x/

:Teeth:

I don't think it will end - it would just be nice to know at what point could I safely stop paying the mortgage?

Lol

:Laugh:

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

My daughter came in other day asking me about the end of the world she and all her friends have been talking about

Little does she know it ended last year when she turned thirteen bloody teen years worse than terrible 2's :He-he: :He-he: