The staff of life

Rother

So now we are told on every news channel and every newspaper that bread is bad for you as it contains too much salt.

If any of you have a bread maker or ever made bread by hand you will realise that bread must have salt in it

not just for taste but it stops the yeast going 'mad' and fluffing it up too much.

Bread has been part of our diets for - well as long as humans have grown wheat.

So now a sandwich might eventually kill you.

The bread will raise your blood pressure, the butter will clog your arteries, the meat will give you bowel cancer.

And I right fancied a ham sarnie. Ah well a lettuce leaf again for lunch - just to be safe

So now we are told on every news channel and every newspaper that bread is bad for you as it contains too much salt.

If any of you have a bread maker or ever made bread by hand you will realise that bread must have salt in it

not just for taste but it stops the yeast going 'mad' and fluffing it up too much.

Funny you should mention this today, I was watching the wright stuff this afternoon and the host said he made his own bread and has now done away with using ANY salt and he can't tell the difference.. Go figure that one.

Given i don't make my own (but i am thinking about it given the normal shop stuff is so bad for me being diabetic) i'd be intrested in making it as healthy as poss, check out 5 on demand they may even have it on there.

All1