Under starters orders

gogs

as the title says, we are under starters orders for lunchtime today as we are of on our hols. Myslef and the missus are heading of on the bike (Goldwing) to tour round France, Switzerland and hopefully Northern Italy via the Alps before heading back up towards Belgium to catch the ferry home again. Should be in the region of 3k miles in all.

Never riden a bike abroad before so fingers crossed. Driven a car but they say it's easier on the bike. Only time will tell.

See you in 2 weeks........

as the title says, we are under starters orders for lunchtime today as we are of on our hols. Myslef and the missus are heading of on the bike (Goldwing) to tour round France, Switzerland and hopefully Northern Italy via the Alps before heading back up towards Belgium to catch the ferry home again. Should be in the region of 3k miles in all.

Never riden a bike abroad before so fingers crossed. Driven a car but they say it's easier on the bike. Only time will tell.

See you in 2 weeks........

You lucky barsteward gogs, always wanted that bike (mind your your slumming a bit with the 1500 arn't you (as i cry into my corn flakes) always wanted to do the euro trip but always been worried about switching off and being on the wrong side of the road, so what ever happens enjoy it m8 (i'm sure u will) and i just hope you and Mrs get back in one peice stay safe buddy.

Try and post some pics when u get back i'd love to see em maybe with the eing in the foreground and some nice hill behind, enjoy yourself.

All1

mind your your slumming a bit with the 1500 arn't you All1

Unfortunately he ain't slumming it anymore, he upgraded to the 1800 a while back. (Jealous as hell of trip)

He has offered me a shot of it on a few occasions but not taken him up on it yet (maybe soon)

Enjoy yourself Bro, watch out for all that cheap plonk now & don't forget the postcard! :Thumbs_Up1:

Take it easy mate and have a good time and a safe trip.

If you're going via Basel, then take care on the Swiss motorway down to Italy, they are very keen on the speed traps and will fine you heavily for being even slightly over the limit

AND, be very careful in northern Italy especially around Milan, the drivers there really are out to KILL you :Angry_32:

I'm getting depressed now. Got back tonight about 6.15 after having a bloody fantastic time. we stayed with friends for the first week in Linazay and then headed over to Switzerland. the roads in France are good but we suffered a bit from the remnants of some bloody hurricane. we had a horendous trip down to Hull and then force 7-8 gales on the way to Zebbrugge. The ferry also lost an engine during the night and we docked 3 hours late. Then it was a blast all the way through northern France via Calais, Tours and Le Mans before getting to my friends about 9.30pm.

When we left there we headed for Switzerland or at least a place on the French side of the border as hotels in switzerland were an arm and a leg. we stayed in Paray Le Monial for one night and then Morez for 2 nights where we didn't actually manage to get over the Alps. i misjudged the distance big time and it would have taken a 2 day trip to do it justice. (Maybe next time) Instead we rode the Jura mountains and then into Switzerland all the way round Lac Lemac and back through Geneva. Even managed to do a lot of riding without touching any motorways or toll roads so saw a lot more of the natural countryside then you would normally.

Knackered a pair of boots on the corners as they kept touching down. What a fantastic time though. The missus took some pics from the back of the bike but on the real twisties had to hang on for her life as it was very quick switchbacks. Friggin fantastic time it was. took around 900 - 1000 pics so going to take a bit of sorting out.

Best friggin holiday I've ever had and this will not be our last time abroad on the bike. the roads are so much better over there and the scenery is to die for. I was gobsmacked.

I'm off for a well earned rum......

Sounds like a superb time was had by all, glad your back safe that's the most vital bit, maybe once you have sorted through the pics you could post a few and for the sad gits like me host all the ones with the bike on rapidshare or something like that, enjoy your drink buddy

All1