Ipad 2 or Galaxy Tab

Dazling

well im lucky enough to be getting what i want for xmas from the mrs and as i havnt got a tablet or whatever you call them!

Ive decided i want 1 :Smiler: and can choose whichever 1 i want.

So im looking for your input before i make up my mind so give me your reasons which 1 and why.

thanks!

Galaxy 10" tab not the older 7" one

And the galaxy tab will be getting the ICS update before xmas (this will make the ipad look crap)

And the ipad 2 ant any better as you can use youtube but try any site like it that's not you tube and it will not work

Try to play flash games it will not work its a wast of time.

Yet the galaxy tab will do all this you can use a xbox pad on it for gaming set it up to a big tv (hdmi)

I am typing this on a tab it's not the galaxy but the moto XOOM this is even better than a ipad and it's not as good

As the galaxy tab is.

Just try one in the shops (tip try the bbc site run some of the flash vids and then try the same site on a ipad)

Galaxy 10" tab not the older 7" one

And the galaxy tab will be getting the ICS update before xmas (this will make the ipad look crap)

And the ipad 2 ant any better as you can use youtube but try any site like it that's not you tube and it will not work

Try to play flash games it will not work its a wast of time.

Yet the galaxy tab will do all this you can use a xbox pad on it for gaming set it up to a big tv (hdmi)

I am typing this on a tab it's not the galaxy but the moto XOOM this is even better than a ipad and it's not as good

As the galaxy tab is.

Just try one in the shops (tip try the bbc site run some of the flash vids and then try the same site on a ipad)

There are ways around this no prob. I would have the ipad personally, very solid and has just had whole new IOS 5 installed. Chek out the Apple website for video's

all so the ipad is a disposable object it's designed to be replaced by the next ipad next year and that will not be a lot more than the one now

were as the Galaxy tab will do new one's based on "genuine" new hardware.

a galaxy tab will be good for about 4-5 years.

I like the look of the ipad but think most tablets are a waste of money but putting that to one side if it's what you want the that's your call, here is the article on getting pass the password in 5 seconds, how easy it is to fix i have no idea, maybe an OS upgrade will sort it.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/25/ipad_password_sec_bypass

All1

I like the look of the ipad but think most tablets are a waste of money but putting that to one side if it's what you want the that's your call, here is the article on getting pass the password in 5 seconds, how easy it is to fix i have no idea, maybe an OS upgrade will sort it.

http://www.theregist...word_sec_bypass

All1

If you listen at the end, he says it doesn't allow you to use the home button or access other applications. So the "despite what this video says" it will only allow access to the last opened application, this is a glitch and apparently there is a fix now available. Many new devices have issues like this one.

Galaxy have similar problems on both their phone and tablet...

Huge Security flaw on AT&T’s Galaxy S 2!!!! (UPDATED)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

att-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-625x468.jpg

Hopefully guys if you were planning to pick up an AT&T Galaxy S II, you won’t be relying on your passcode too much. After hearing this you may want to consider on holding off on buying Samsung’s new flagship device.

This report comes to us from BGR and it is a HUGE flaw. Normally when you wake up a device from sleep mode you see the passcode, pattern, Pin or whatever it is. With AT&T’s Galaxy S II phone however, it looks like Samsung was anticipating the device to get stolen a lot.

So here is the issue. If you turn on the phone or wake it up from sleep mode you see the pattern or passcode. Now let it go back to sleep mode and re-wake the device. The passcode or pattern disappears and you get straight access directly to the phone. A video demonstration is below:

This is a major issue. With the release date of the device set for this weekend, the question is wether Samsung can fix this before launch or not. Samsung told TechnoBuffalo‘s Jon Retinger that a fix is on the way. Just how long it will take we don’t know. When we here further news we will display it here.

So what do you guys think of this? This is a definitely a huge problem for device owners. Do you think Samsung can fix this before launch? Will Samsung fix the issue? Leave your comments and opinions below and let us know!

UPDATE: Samsung has released a statement regarding the lock screen issues. It says they are working on a fix. The full statement is below:

Samsung and AT&T are aware of the user interface issue on the Galaxy S II with AT&T. Currently, when using a security screen lock on the device, the default setting is for a screen timeout. If a user presses the power button on the device after the timeout period it will always require a password. If a user presses the power button on the phone before the timeout period, the device requests a password – but the password is not actually necessary to unlock it.

Samsung and AT&T are investigating a permanent solution. In the meantime, owners of the Galaxy S II can remedy the situation by re-setting their time-out screen to the “immediately” setting. This is done by going to the Settings ->Location and Security->Screen unlock settings->Timeout->Immediately.

Also have a read of this review and the buyers comments

http://reviews.cnet....eview-50002447/

There is also the big Oil Slick Issue with the Galaxy 2

I did not know about the Oil Slick Issue with the Galaxy Tab

If I had to get a tablet today this is the one I'd get.

http://thetoshibatablet.com/

You obviously hve not read this little lot then...

http://www.thrivefor...own-issues.html

or

http://www.thrivefor...are-update.html

or

http://www.gottabemo...-problems-bugs/

To be fair, I think all tablets have had teething issues. All I know is I am not over keen on Android much prefer the Apple IOS but have look around and play with these in store, that may help you decide.