Remember when

Alloneword

Tasers were ONLY going to be given to SO19/CO19 trained officers?

Well that went well didn't it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15840525

Stun guns could be kept in all police cars under plans considered by Scotland Yard chiefs to combat violent crime.

Metropolitan Police (Met) Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe called for police response officers to be routinely armed with Taser weapons.

Scotland Yard confirmed a review of the weapon's availability had been launched.

I know I know, it's just a review but that's how it all starts, so remember folks don't drop litter or swear otherwise plod you fry or a*se.

All1

When Tasers were first introduced it was stated explicitly that they were to be a non-lethal alternative to a firearm being used...

The figures state that they were used 110 times in London alone last year..

So either they would have shot 110 people without them, or they are used when not applicable.

Give plod a weapon and he'll use it when it's easier!...And as I have said before, it's just an arms race and will lead eventually to cops being routinely armed.

Batons weren't 'enough', so they got sprays. Sprays are not 'enough' so the start getting Tasers. When they are not 'enough' guess what the next move is!!

I know I know, it's just a review but that's how it all starts, so remember folks don't drop litter or swear otherwise plod you fry or a*se.

All1

Funnily enough, this is the reply given by the same cop when replying to the ruling that swearing at a police officer wasn't a crime...

Mr Hogan-Howe, Britain’s most senior police officer, suggested that officers could find ways around the last week's ruling, made by a Court of Appeal judge.

He said there are "still opportunities" to arrests suspects who swear at officers......

Plod speak for 'we'll fit you up for something else'!

I have no problem with plod using them IN the right situations, for example if someone is holding a knife then give them a warning and if they dont drop it then fry them, but you know as well as i do they won't only be used in those situations, they will fry people for the littlest of things. Not quite a police state IMO yet but it is getting worse and worse as time goes by.

All1

Unfortnately though we have no way of knowing what a 'right situation' do we....

And the reason is because there is no true independant way of holding plod to account!

Therefore for them it's just a case of getting the balance of the lies and the politics right, and there will be no comeback...and even if it did look like there might be a 'problem' regarding evidence against them, then there are always the options of 'timing out' an investigation, or retirement on medical grounds... :Winky:

They literally get away with murder, and The State is complicit in this...

There are three levels of proof to hold one to account in the country.

The lowest is the Civil Court..

Next up is the Criminal Court..

Finally there is god plod!