Anyone been polled?

sparks

I've had this discussion with most of the people I know over the years, and wondered if anyone here had ever been asked to take part in a poll for an organisation such as MORI...

No-one I know has ever been asked or knows someone that has been asked...

And has anyone here been called up for Jury service?..Again I get the same answer as above.

Or maybe it's just the company I keep... :Hmm:

I have done jury service - in fact it was only 6 months ago.

I didn't want to do it but you have little option.

I am self employed and for me to claim my lost earnings they wanted my tax returns and a letter from my accountant.

I do my own accounting so this didn't qualify. I was paid £34 per day as lost wages.

I had to go to work after court to try catch up.

Luckily it only lasted 4 days - but had the case gone on I could have been there for 200 days or more.

Inconvenient was not the word.

I've just found someone whom I know, and who has decided to ex-communicate me from his mailing list (no idea why... :Fun: ) who has even got paid for being polled!

Link

The relevant bit...

£75 from Populus for completing a survey; 15 mins; fee donated to charity.

£50 from Good Business for completing a survey; 15 mins; fee donated to charity.

£140 for completing Ipsos MORI survey Payments; One hour; fee donated to charity.

£80 from YouGov for completing online survey; 30 mins.

And not the only one...what's the odds on nearly 25% of local MP's (and our particular greedy f*cker) being called 'out of the blue' for a survey...

Not my MP, but....

Henry Smith (Crawley)

Paid work

£150 from Ipsos MORI for 1hr completing surveys; donated to local Conservative Association.

£80 from YouGov for completing survey. (Registered 7 February 2011)

8 x £75 from ComRes for completion of surveys; various dates; donated to charity.

£100 from MHP Communications for opinion research, fee donated to charity.

£75 from Populus for 15mins opinion research interview, February 2011, donated to constituency party.

OK, so the ones that are donated to charity (not actually mentioned to who though) should give me a warm glow about ourl MP's f*ckwit's good intentions?

So why can't we claim these 'expenses' wherever we decide they end up?

Is corruption too strong a word for it?... :Winky:

Edit:

Just found full disclosures for our greedy f*cker since Sept 2010...

• Received fee of £50 for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 14 January 2011)
  • Received fee of £150 for completing a survey. Hours: 50 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 8 September 2010)
  • Received fee of £50 from AVIVA for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Feed donated to charity. (Registered 7 November 2010)
  • Received £75 for completing survey. Hours: 15 mins. (Registered 14 July 2010)
  • Populus Limited, Northburgh House, 10 Northburgh Street, London, EC1V 0AT.

Received £75 for completing January 2010 MP panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 6 April 2010)
    Received fee of £75 for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 6 April 2011)
  • Received £75 for completing their Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 30 November 2009)
  • Received £75 for completing November 2009 MP panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 12 January 2010)
  • Received fee of £50 for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 12 January 2010)

Received fee of £140 for completing a survey. Fee donated to charity. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 8 February 2011)
  • Received fee of £150 from MORI for completing a survey. Hours: 50 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 8 September 2010)
  • Received £80 from YouGov, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT, for completing online survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 4 February 2011)

Received fee of £50 for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 14 January 2011)
    Received fee of £50 from AVIVA for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Feed donated to charity. (Registered 7 November 2010)
  • Received fee of £75 for completing a survey Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 7 September 2009)
  • Received fee of £50 for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 7 September 2009)
  • Received fee of £150 from MORI for completing a survey. Hours: 50 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 8 September 2010)
  • Received fee of £75 for completing a survey Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 7 September 2009)
  • Received £75 for completing their Parliamentary Panel Survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 30 November 2009)
  • Received £75 for completing November 2009 MP panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 12 January 2010)
  • Received £75 for completing January 2010 MP panel survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 6 April 2010)
  • Received fee of £50 for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 7 September 2009)
  • Received fee of £50 for completing a survey. Hours: 15 mins. Fee donated to charity. (Registered 12 January 2010)

Enough said...lol