Jamer

Alloneword

Hi Jamer, you may or may not have noticed i have not posted since sparks has left, I just wanted to let things calm down but tonights comments by some people is the final nail in the coffin for me, if you value the input I have put in to Jamers over the last xx number of years please do me a favour and wipe my account, i feel it's not much to ask given the time and effort I have put in here.

I'd like to thank you for making this place my default location after my home page loads for many years now and as a rule it's been great but I don't see the need for some of the recent comments that have been made, I'd also like to thanks the like of Mr D, DJ, derren, Edge, RABC, Orge, Sir Zorro, greenmachine (Thanks for the motherboards m8, still working as a server) and of course yourself for helping me learn so much over the years.

I'll be checking in Wed some time hopefully my account will be gone, I know sparks asked the same and his account is still active but please Jamer do this for me.

One final word must go to Dave (The Mod), Dave you are a true Gent and i only wish I had you as a friend away from the board, I cannot tell you how much i have valued your frindship, I wish you and your family all the best for the future m8, take care. :Thumbs_Up1:

All1

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well i have to admit that i for one will be truly upset if you go Clive,We have known each other a long time on here m8,both been thtough bad patches but also had a laugh as well.

think it through m8,you will be losing a lot,as will jamers.

You should know by now that many of the posts arejust little windups and mean nothing really.

Problem was with sparks was that he was always arrogently correct and wouldnt ever admit being even slightly wrong,it was like a religeon that had to be forced on to everyone regardless.

You have your opinions but at least you could discuss them inteligently.

Think again m8.

Cheers

Dave

Well i have to admit that i for one will be truly upset if you go Clive,We have known each other a long time on here m8,both been thtough bad patches but also had a laugh as well.

think it through m8,you will be losing a lot,as will jamers.

You should know by now that many of the posts are just little windups and mean nothing really.

Problem was with sparks was that he was always arrogantly correct and wouldn't ever admit being even slightly wrong,it was like a religion that had to be forced on to everyone regardless.

You have your opinions but at least you could discuss them intelligently.

Think again m8.

Cheers

Dave

I would agree with Dave, Alloneword you are a valued member here and highly respected. Jamers is a good place with some good helpful members in general and has been around for a long time. The forum is clearly more active since sparks departure which speaks volumes in my opinion. Like Dave says sparks was always right no matter what and I think eventually people got fed up with his posts.

Hi Jamer, you may or may not have noticed i have not posted since sparks has left, I just wanted to let things calm down but tonights comments by some people is the final nail in the coffin for me, if you value the input I have put in to Jamers over the last xx number of years please do me a favour and wipe my account, i feel it's not much to ask given the time and effort I have put in here.

I'd like to thank you for making this place my default location after my home page loads for many years now and as a rule it's been great but I don't see the need for some of the recent comments that have been made, I'd also like to thanks the like of Mr D, DJ, derren, Edge, RABC, Orge, Sir Zorro, greenmachine (Thanks for the motherboards m8, still working as a server) and of course yourself for helping me learn so much over the years.

I'll be checking in Wed some time hopefully my account will be gone, I know sparks asked the same and his account is still active but please Jamer do this for me.

One final word must go to Dave (The Mod), Dave you are a true Gent and i only wish I had you as a friend away from the board, I cannot tell you how much i have valued your frindship, I wish you and your family all the best for the future m8, take care. :Thumbs_Up1:

All1

Clive, I would urge you to please have a re-think, you are a valued member on the pad you have been around here for years and I for one would not want to loose you as a member.

Maybe take a week off and let things cool down.

I am sure that we have all said things in hast in the past either on the forums or via emails or pm's and I am sure if sparks were still active he would also be adding his usual comments too, so some things have not changed.

As for deleting accounts, I do not delete accounts, I also explained this to sparks, however, you can change you personal settings yourself within your profile so as you do not receive any notifications if you prefer.

Over the years I have spent large sums of money and time on keeping JamersPad as up to date as possible, countless hours of work and at times when we were hacked. The Pad has been online now for 15 years, and yes we have seen members come and go but to be honest we have a core membership of loyal regular users and you fall within that group and while I appreciate you have remained loyal to sparks I am not convinced that he would of been as loyal to you.

I value all our members and given the choice I would not want any of you to leave but that choice can only be down to the individual. I would just say sleep on it and I think you will find that it will all calm down, it usually does.

Aye, that about sums it up Jamer.

Alloneword, I would not like you to take your ball home on account of any comments from me.

I promise I will not refer to you again in any postings from me nor will I use pseudonyms for you and Batman.

(oops, crap, I used one - but that's the last one)

So try chill a bit, the forum is slowly coming alive again - enjoy the new times on here.

:thumbs-down1: :Thumbs_Up1: <----- an attempt at showing us shaking hands.

Maybe take a week off and let things cool down.
That's what i was doing m8, as i say i hadn't posted just to let the dust settle and what good did it do?

I am sure that we have all said things in hast in the past either on the forums or via emails or pm's
Agreed but none of this was in the heat of the moment, cold hard light of day and told to grow a pair, i'm not throwing my toys out of the pram or anything like that, just was hoping things had moved on but it would seem not.

As for deleting accounts, I do not delete accounts, I also explained this to sparks, however, you can change you personal settings yourself within your profile so as you do not receive any notifications if you prefer.
Shame as I would have hoped you woud have done that for me, never mind it's your site and I'll change my settings so i get no notifications

Over the years I have spent large sums of money and time on keeping JamersPad as up to date as possible, countless hours of work and at times when we were hacked. The Pad has been online now for 15 years, and yes we have seen members come and go but to be honest we have a core membership of loyal regular users and you fall within that group and while I appreciate you have remained loyal to sparks I am not convinced that he would of been as loyal to you.
I appreciate that Jamer and as a rule it's been a blast, as for my "loayalty" to Sparks it has nothing to do with it (honestly) we have exchanged a few emails and that is it, Christ knows if i'll ever hear from him again, I personaly hope so as i had a huge fondness for the man, but it's not blind loyalty. As for him being loyal to me! Well he owes me nothing, all i asked from him was if he found another uk based forum he could call home was to let me know as i say i like him, sorry if that makes me a fool in some peoples eyes but i'm not hurting anybody.

I value all our members and given the choice I would not want any of you to leave but that choice can only be down to the individual. I would just say sleep on it and I think you will find that it will all calm down, it usually does.
I have slpet on it buddy hence i'm back today instead of Wed, but as you can see from yourself it's not something that will just be forgotton, so rather then me coming on here and causing friction it's best if i move on, someone said a while ago nobody is bigger then the forum itself and i have to agree, someone will fill my boots, nobody is irreplaceable I'm sure we will all agree on that.

My final word is please don't think i'm leaving because of name calling after all if you can't take don't dish it, it's just i don't need the sniping comments anymore. Sorry

All1

That's what i was doing m8, as i say i hadn't posted just to let the dust settle and what good did it do?

Agreed but none of this was in the heat of the moment, cold hard light of day and told to grow a pair, i'm not throwing my toys out of the pram or anything like that, just was hoping things had moved on but it would seem not.

Shame as I would have hoped you woud have done that for me, never mind it's your site and I'll change my settings so i get no notifications

I appreciate that Jamer and as a rule it's been a blast, as for my "loayalty" to Sparks it has nothing to do with it (honestly) we have exchanged a few emails and that is it, Christ knows if i'll ever hear from him again, I personaly hope so as i had a huge fondness for the man, but it's not blind loyalty. As for him being loyal to me! Well he owes me nothing, all i asked from him was if he found another uk based forum he could call home was to let me know as i say i like him, sorry if that makes me a fool in some peoples eyes but i'm not hurting anybody.

I have slpet on it buddy hence i'm back today instead of Wed, but as you can see from yourself it's not something that will just be forgotton, so rather then me coming on here and causing friction it's best if i move on, someone said a while ago nobody is bigger then the forum itself and i have to agree, someone will fill my boots, nobody is irreplaceable I'm sure we will all agree on that.

My final word is please don't think i'm leaving because of name calling after all if you can't take don't dish it, it's just i don't need the sniping comments anymore. Sorry

All1

I still think this has to do with sparks departure, still sorry to see you leave, hopefully you will pop in from time to time mate, you never know a few months can make all the difference, all I can say is that you are a valued member and I consider a friend, so I hope this is not a total goodbye. :Winky:

• Thumbs Up 2

Hell A1 I have only just seen this and i am shocked. I actually did notice you had not been around for a week and I noticed this because you are one of the most respected posters to this board. If I ever had a problem you would be one of the first to help and answer it.

I am not sure of the reasons as have not really followed the other threads but I hope you come back here and carry on as you will be sorely missed.

If not I wish you all the best.

Derren

ps I did not know you name was Clive - I thought it was A1 :-)

• Thumbs Up 1

WTF?!

This +1

I haven't been very active here lately but as I have said to Jamer this place is somewhere I always feel comfortable coming back to after any amount of time away. I don't know what has happened recently and didn't know that Sparks had left either, I must pop in just to keep up to date a bit more regularly but real life has been a bit hectic of late.

All1 it's been a pleasure knowing and talking to you over the years and if you do feel the need to leave permanently I hope you find somewhere new you can call 'home'

Jason

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

This is the first that I have known about this and I am concerned for Alloneword as I have known him for years. I will call him in the week and see what the situation is as I myself as not spoken to him for a couple of years (my fault)

Sparks has always been a pain in the a$$ but it takes all types of contraversal & political focused people to make this world.

Sparks I will personally donate to get your Pony tail cut off

WBR