Pool time . . . .

djweeble

:Cool: It's that time of year again, the leckie here has done it's annual summer trick and dropped through the floor in price :Thumbs_Up1:

It's currently less than 1/2P a unit, the lowest it's been for years . . . :Cool:

SO...

...The 3KW pool heater has been running full bore for 3 days now, it's cost me just over a quid to heat 6000 litres of water from 14C up to 28C, it would have been warmer, but I had to take a 12 hour break yesterday until I'd bought and replaced the burned out plug to it

I might even be tempted to put the solar panels back up today, to see if I can get it over 35C before the weekend :Cool:

Fun times with water . . .

035vg.jpg

Very nice.

here, I'll give you a free tip from an electrician (me)

The burned out plug thing.

3KW takes about 12.4 Amp. The plug has a 13Amp fuse in it which is fine

But if your plug pins are dirty or tarnished (comes with age and use) then there will be a resistance between the pins

and the socket.

This causes heat which causes more resistance which causes more heat until what they call 'brown out' happens.

For 3KW appliances try to never touch the actual plug pins as grease from your fingers gets on them.

If the brass is already tarnished (dull) then clean them with electrical spray or such (make sure they are dry and wiped clean before you plug it in)

And your plug wont get hot or brown out again