Window 8 release Preview

Computerdummy

it's just the metro UI on top of a less compatible windows 7 so it will look the same as the xbox 360 and the windows phone/tablets

I'ts less compatible so in time they can force it on you when all the newer stuff comes out for it at 1st it will run on windows 7 too

then bits will be grayed out and after that no newer app will be done.

it's already happening on windows xp and it's starting to show up on some apps in vista.

on phones and tablets it will do good as metro is a touchscreen UI but on desktops and laptops it will flop

unless all the newer hardware in laptops and desktops go's touchscreen too and what i'm saying is HDMI will be no good

you will need a video card thats got DP++ and can do touchscreen over DP++ plus a touch screen monitor at the moment you have a usb input on them but they use resistive

the newer touch screen monitors can do it over the DP++ and that use the capacitive input this is better but will cost more they start at £300

if you try windows 8 and don't have a touch screen monitor you will not be even seeing what 50% of what windows 8 can do this is why i think it will flop as not evey body will use it this way.