HELP!

dragonfly

Not sure where to put this, but feel free to move appropriately....

Dell AIO 948 Printer.

I brought some cartridges from Ebay a few months ago & all was well.

Seeing that I didn't use the device, for a month or two it now complains that I should replace the cartridge, but its almost full to the brim! :Surprise:

Plus it sometimes complain that I've installed the incorrect cartrige.

Now since this excapade begun, I have tried cleaning it with a damp tissue & cloth, but no joy.

Can anyone advice or Help?

:Weep:

Remove the cartridges, and with an INK eraser, NOT a pencil eraser, give the electrical contacts a few rubs, then wipe them off with a cotton bud soaked in a mildish solvent (vodka is good for this !! ).

Dab dry with some kitchen roll or bog roll, check there's no fibre strands left on the contacts from the bud or the roll, then refit.

Might work, might not :Fun:

Get a pencil with a rubber end and clean the contacts on both the ink cartridge and the printer (the shiny brass things)

Also shake the ink cartridge very strongly (but beware ink will splattet out so put your finger over the nozzle.)

These things have quite sophisticated electronics inside them (that's why they are so expensive) and they need a perfect connection