Catfish/Google image search

Alloneword

Morning all, I have just started watching catfish the tv show and was wondering if anyone knows how to use google image search the way the do, I have tried both .co.yk and .com but can't work out how they do it.

The upshot is they import and image into google image search and google will then go and search the net for that image and show you where else it has been posted be it facebokk news site or whatever, it can't go by filename as anyone can change that so it has to be something to do with image size and maybe pixel depth etc, but i'm stupmed.

All1

• Thumbs Up 1

If you look at the search field on Google Image page there is a camera icon on the far right of the field. Click that and it gives you the option to upload an image from you computer or enter the url of one from the net. Just hit search and away you go.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never knew this until now.
No neither did i till i started to watch a US tv show called "Catfish" in a nutshell it's about people meeting online via facebook etc and never getting round to meeting the other person but digging is done 9 out of 10 times it's not the person they think they have been chatting to and they (the hosts) use some detective work and this is where this google image search come in, used google image search tons of times but never knew it had this feature but for me to use it i have to update my browser as my old clunkey version of FF won't have it so i'll post back ater with my thought on that side of google.

Thanks for the tip Mr Grumpy, i'll give it a go in 10 minutes.

All1