Now i need YOUR detective skills.

Alloneword

OK as some of you may know i have a fair collection of old UK Info CD's (about 9/10 editions) which come in handy tracking people down even though some of the information is very very old but I have now been given a task to trace someone not only where they live today but as much family info as i can for example mothers name did she have any children if so names etc, did she marry is she divorced etc etc in a nutshell as much as i can get on them.

All i have been given is a first and last name and a date when she lived at an address, having used all my version of UK Info i have found a single entry for her in 1994 version, from that info i have found her mothers name, I also know a rough date of birth (Scorpio birth sign 23 Oct - 22 Nov and between years 1964 and 1968), someone else came on to voters list in 2001 edition (which i presume was 2000 register) but was only there for a year or 2 and then moved into there own place where they have set up 4 companies from that address. So there is plenty for me to be going on with the them and there business and companies house etc.

So I have done as much as i can from home at this stage but now i have get my ass out and do some more digging, so I'm off to there local reference library where they will hold more detailed records of the voters list going back to the time i need, but i need to know what else i can gain from public records and more importantly what info will i need to gain things like birth/death/marriage certs not to mention divorce papers and as I say ANYTHING else that is in the public domain including the mothers will.

In a nutshell I want as much as i can get, I don't have access to plod anymore so my only route is legal route, so any help or suggestion would be more then welcome, i do have a few hundred quid to throw at this but not thousands, so any advice is welcome.

All1

Have you tried genealogy or Census websites? It's at times like this that you hope people filled in their census forms correctly...

It's ok m8 i've got nothing to hide. :Winky:

Glad i binned mine that's for sure.

All1

www.findmypast.co.uk/

www.1911census.co.uk/

www.ancestry.co.uk/Parish_records

Have you tried genealogy or Census websites? It's at times like this that you hope people filled in their census forms correctly...

www.findmypast.co.uk/

www.1911census.co.uk/

www.ancestry.co.uk/Parish_records

I have nothing against the census in theory, to be honest we need it to some degree, but i think they ask too many questions and more importantly I can't trust our govt on what they will do with the info, after all it was not so long ago that we were being told only people who could access dvla info was dvla staff and plod and we all know what crap that info was, any way enough of that thanks for the links i'll have a look at them when i get up later.

All1

I have nothing against the census in theory, to be honest we need it to some degree, but i think they ask too many questions and more importantly I can't trust our govt on what they will do with the info, after all it was not so long ago that we were being told only people who could access dvla info was dvla staff and plod and we all know what crap that info was, any way enough of that thanks for the links i'll have a look at them when i get up later.

All1

No worries mate, good luck. :Winky: