Contract of employment

marc515151

I know we have some guys here who can answer this. My girlfriend used to work for clothing firm D2 which went into administration and was bought over by Blue INC. This happened about 2 years ago. Since then she has not been issued with a new contract due to issues with some peoples benefits on their old D2 contract and them not wanting to give them up. My question is this, if my girlfriend where to fall pregnant would she still be entitled to maternity pay from Blue INC based on her old contract or because she doesn't have one for the new company does that mean she is entitled to nothing?

If I am correct, the new company had the right to implement new contracts at the time of their takeover, however, if they have not issued any new or different contracts, one would assume that the original contract is still in place. Has she asked?

anytime she asks for a new contract she gets told that Blue INC are still working out issues with some peoples old contracts and the benefits they where offered which the new company does not want to offer and said they can issue new contracts until these issues are resolved. so that would mean then the old contract from the start of employment with D2 is valid

anytime she asks for a new contract she gets told that Blue INC are still working out issues with some peoples old contracts and the benefits they where offered which the new company does not want to offer and said they can issue new contracts until these issues are resolved. so that would mean then the old contract from the start of employment with D2 is valid

Yes! Sorry to butt in but unless they have provided a new version then the original still stands.

brilliant, that answers that part of my question. next question. When Blue INC do decide to issue new contracts to the existing D2 employees does that then mean they are as such, new members of staff? where they will have to work for a year before getting benefits such as maternity pay or is it seen more as an update to her existing contract and on paper will mean she has worked for blue inc for a number of years instead of a new employee?