Greece, The Canaries or other

derren

Guys,

I could talk for hours about South East Asia as a holiday destination.  I could also write a book on Thailand.   I have been to most European capital cities, however I know very little about the good holiday resorts of Europe.  This would be with wife and daughter in summer holiday time for schools next year.

Looking for something like Greece or Canary Islands althrough consider anywhere really.  Budget around £1500 total if thats possble.  Nice beach, views and swimming pools etc.  Also something to do as I don't like to sit on beach all day but do enjoy a walk on a nice beach and a swim in crystal waters.

Recommendations for somewhere like this in Europe where you have been.

Thanks

Derren

I personally like Greece, we went to Crete this year and loved it. Also love the Canary islands, you can't go wrong with either in my opinion. Who do you normally book your holiday with Derren?

Lanzarote without doubt! I lived there for 2 years mate and am a frequent visitor, however, we have just come back from Corfu which was nice. Majorca is good. I can dig out some good deals for you mate if you tell me how many people and dates, duration etc..

I'm looking for a week to lanzarote or tenerefe about 17th october all inclusive for me and the wife.If anyone see's any good deals,Were both getting on so no 18 to 30s lol.

Okay I can find you some good deals, where do you want to fly from? 

Brill

@Divvy - I have only once about 25 years ago used a travel agent.  All my holidays, trips etc and they have been many are we me booking everything myself.  I had a business where we booked stag and hen parties so always been partial to doing things myself.  However I have noticed in the last few years travel agents catching up.  My friends booked trailfinders to Thailand and they had it cheaper than the usual individual bookings and trailfinders are not usually cheap.

@Jamer - looking for summer holidays so say end july start of Aug.  Me and Mrs and 11 year old.  Fancy a half board if possible.  Be grateful for some suggestions and Lanzarote was somewhere I had in mind.

Preferably Leeds Bradford Jamer but Manchester will do at a push.

Well I found Manchester for the 14th - 7 nights good flight times depart 0615 arrive Lanzarote 10.45, so you have that whole day, returning 21st departing Lanzarote 1120 arriving back into the UK at 1550. £949 including 1 x luggage 

This would be staying at the Be Live Grand Teguise Playa Hotel in Costa Teguise (4 Star) all inclusive. This is a really nice hotel we have stayed there many times. 

You could stay at Club Siroco for probably £150 less all inclusive but its 3 star and more of a complex than a hotel, still nice as we have stayed there too.

Depends if you want 3 or 4 star, let me know your budget and I will find more choices but I normally use Travel Republic or Alfa Rooms as my starting point. 

Be adventurous like me and hire a car, now this hotel is only 15 mins from the airport but the price is the best part only £76 for the whole week! Collect from airport and return to airport, I use this company all the time and they are brilliant! Almost cheaper than transfers and you have the added bonus of being able to explore the island at your own pace, nothing to it! Really

@Derren  Obviously August is the most expensive month, if your 11 year old is not sitting any exams I would take them out of school for just a week personally, that's what I did a few years back.

Anyway Tuesday 29th July 2014 - Tuesday 5th August 2014 Club Siroco All inclusive including 1 x checked in suitcase Total £1273!

Again car hire as above about £76 for the whole week! This was a quick check with Travel Republic but you could try booking flights with Thomson, Ryan Air, Monarch, Thomas Cook, SkyscannerEasy Jet etc separately and then check out Booking.com or Alpha Rooms for the accomadation to see if doing it separately works out any cheaper, sometimes it does especially if you can find voucher codes for Alpha Rooms.

Well I found Manchester for the 14th - 7 nights good flight times depart 0615 arrive Lanzarote 10.45, so you have that whole day, returning 21st departing Lanzarote 1120 arriving back into the UK at 1550. £949 including 1 x luggage 

This would be staying at the Be Live Grand Teguise Playa Hotel in Costa Teguise (4 Star) all inclusive. This is a really nice hotel we have stayed there many times. 

You could stay at Club Siroco for probably £150 less all inclusive but its 3 star and more of a complex than a hotel, still nice as we have stayed there too.

Depends if you want 3 or 4 star, let me know your budget and I will find more choices but I normally use Travel Republic or Alfa Rooms as my starting point. 

Be adventurous like me and hire a car, now this hotel is only 15 mins from the airport but the price is the best part only £76 for the whole week! Collect from airport and return to airport, I use this company all the time and they are brilliant! Almost cheaper than transfers and you have the added bonus of being able to explore the island at your own pace, nothing to it! Really

Thanks jamer was hoping for around £400 do you book flights seperate then find hotels,3 or 4 star should be ok .

Thanks jamer was hoping for around £400 do you book flights seperate then find hotels,3 or 4 star should be ok .

So around £400 each okay I will see what I can find for you later, but the Canaries do get a little more expensive as Winter approaches as more and more people want to get away to the sun. Can you add any other airports like Liverpool? or is that too far?

• 3 weeks later...

Jamer where do you get car hire for £76,I just had a quick serach and was getting quotes around £330 for a week.I got a week all inclusive at the sol Lanzarote for £430 each all in.Including free parking at manchester and £20 of euros on a cash card thrown in.

Just found cabrera medina car hire seem cheap unless theres a catch.

Jamer where do you get car hire for £76,I just had a quick serach and was getting quotes around £330 for a week.I got a week all inclusive at the sol Lanzarote for £430 each all in.Including free parking at manchester and £20 of euros on a cash card thrown in.

Just found cabrera medina car hire seem cheap unless theres a catch.

Which date and for how long? I ALWAYS use Autoreisen 

Manchester i did have a look at autoreisen and the all in with insurance doesn't cover tyres wheel rims etc,I know its a scam to get more insurance money out of us.We had that scam in Marbella in june.cost us an extra £100 on top of rip off petrol and hire £460 with a full tank for a piccaso in june this year.We made sure the low petrol light was flashing when we took it back.

• 1 month later...

How was your holiday Denish in the end, any photo's? What was hotel and car hire experience like, weather etc? Come on fill in the gaps for us lol

Had a fantastic week Jamer stayed all inclusive at the sol lanzarote near the airport £860 for me and the mrs seaview room overlooking the pool Could watch the planes flying in just above the sea,Lovely hotel food fantastic,Loved that place we will be going back,Didn't bother with a car this time i just wanted to chill out and do sod all as i'd just done 16 weeks 6 days a week working.We did a couple of coach trips one to a market in Teguise,And a trip to play blanca which we loved,Probably go there next time to the Rubicon if i can find a deal.Weather 25c to 30c all week cars are dirt cheap to hire i will hire one next time.I'll sort some pictures out later.