Suggestions for partition saving software

Alloneword

In the old days I used to partition my drive into various logical partitions, but as drives became bigger i done it less and less and normally just set the drive to a letter and away i went, trouble is that left me needing a case with a stupid amount of drive spaces (13 at last count), so i have done away with the 1TB drive and invvested in new WD 3TB Blacks, which now means i'm back to partitioning drives with logical drives, and what i want to be able to do is take an image/snapshot of some kind of ALL my partitions and save that info so if something goes wrong and i loose a drive or partition then i can just use the app to recover from i have lost.

In an ideal world i'l like to use something like a boot CD or thumb drive as i don't like running these kind of tools within windows, does anyone have any suggestions for some sort of software that will do the job i don't mind if it's freeware/shareware or even paid for app.

All1

You do know that any drive over 2.2TB can not use the MBR anymore.

It's all GPT now and any partition software that uses GPT will work for you.

I only use 3 & 4TB drives in my NAS keeping my PCs under 2TB (so i can still hack my windows install)

The software I use for doing a partition inside a windows OS is minitool partition wizard I don't know if this will do GPT but it's free for home use.

You do know that any drive over 2.2TB can not use the MBR anymore.

It's all GPT now and any partition software that uses GPT will work for you.

I only use 3 & 4TB drives in my NAS keeping my PCs under 2TB (so i can still hack my windows install)

The software I use for doing a partition inside a windows OS is minitool partition wizard I don't know if this will do GPT but it's free for home use.

Yea i know windoze won't handle MBR, but it's not partitioning the drive that is the problem, I have them set up as i want them, the problem well not problem but something i want to sort before it's too late and that is to take copies of the partitions themself, NOT the data on them or setting the partitions up this has been done, now i'm moving back over to logical partitions on some drives i want to have a copy of how that drive (and all the others) are set up, one app that i know of is something called "Active@ Partition Recovery" which can be found here:

http://www.partition-recovery.com

This is freeware but was hoping for feedback from others who have used this kind of software, does nobody else back up partition tables etc themself?

All1