A gruelling climb

beebo

Packing all that's been dear and meaningful to me into a plush and downy sack, I hang it from my shoulder with a care that's been borne from my love and respect of its occupants.

They are "Jamer's" ones.

The craggy mount that must be climbed causes me to cringe as it nearly blackens out the Sun.. and my resolve that dearly needs it.

Having climbed to its top, shins bleeding from unforgiving shards and lurking boulders; gulping air and tightening the dressing on my compound-fractured ankle, I notice that I am standing on a knob.

A knob can only ever hold the feet that are on it.

Suddenly, my shins and ankle; my aching lungs; my numbed and burning muscles .. are heard!

Suddenly, my aching arm speaks to me as though echoing the searing pain from my failing fingers' grips.

Suddenly.... well....

This is my "drama" approach. I've got more.

Fell off the porch I suspect! Then, in a somewhat pickled state of confusion, gathered up the tins of beer that fell down the stairs ahead of you. And then that extreme effort. Gather your senses now or you'll head the wrong way and end up rolling about in the muddy shores of the koi pond. Once you have attained the peak/knoll/porch sit down and have a beer and quit being such a drama queen!!

• 4 months later...