Camping

Alloneword

Yea I have planned a john o'groats to lands end trip was hoping it would be summer of 2016 but that may well be put off till summer 2017 as i want to make sure i'm right for it physically/mentally not to mention financially as it's something i have always wanted to do since i was about 17, but health is not great so need to work on that, and was thinking on the trip i'd like to mix up sleeping arrangements from wild camping in Scotland to official sites in England/Wales (may pop over to Ireland), never having camped before i'm looking at either these newish air tents which you just pump up or the more traditional route of poles but not normal poles these would be the quick snap in poles that take about 10 mins to put up, tents i like are all about 20-25KG mark which is a wee bit heavy given all the other stuff i'm going to have to carry, i'm happy to wash in stream etc now and then but still want a shower most days if i can get it, i'm still a bit of a pussy to be honest and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these pump up tents.

All1

We recently used a pop up tent (2 man) on holiday and it was great! But I would advise to have a look on YouTube to show how to pack it away lol 

Those pop up ones i think end up going back into a circle to pack away and if that is the one then it's a nightmare, i'd end up binning it

All1

• 3 weeks later...

Did Scotland in June it was awesome went on motorbikes with a mate, as for camping look into getting camping pods cheap as chips and you dont have to carry around a load of gear.

( I know Ive not been on here for ages so some might not remember me, cant seem to find Ness ? ) :Blushing_32:

Did Scotland in June it was awesome went on motorbikes with a mate, as for camping look into getting camping pods cheap as chips and you dont have to carry around a load of gear.

( I know Ive not been on here for ages so some might not remember me, cant seem to find Ness ? ) :Blushing_32:

I'm holding off buying untill i can get to the camping show in Feb and see what is new in 2015, i'm after a few features and too be honest very few options for me right now, as for Ness I have not seen him in donkeys on here m8 sorry.

All1

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that on UK Hot Deals today and am very tempted, price is awesome my only worry is some reviews says it leaks a bit, i'm torn if i should buy now or wait till Feb when camping show will go live in Birmingham and see what is on offer for 2016 range, I have checked ebay and 2 have sold over last few months and went for £210 & £310 so i guess i won't be loosing much if i do buy another in Feb and flog this one, phew will have to make my mind up quick at that price i think, thanks for giving me the nudge.

All1